How to perform mass upload of validation business rules into BPC 7.5 for NetWeaver - Part 2
Earlier in How to perform mass upload of validation business rules into BPC 7.5 for NetWeaver - Part 1 was shown how to create a program in NetWeaver to upload CSV files with validation rules. In this part of the document it will be demonstrated how to create those CSV files and upload them.
Prepare CSV files with validation business rules.
It is required to create 2 csv files (or 2 xls files and save them as csv at the end). The files are:
- Validation_Header.csv contains a template for business rule validation header
- Validation_Detail.csv is a template for corresponding detail tables of validation rules.
Please notice that the whole example is based upon just 2 accounts - ACCT1 and ACCT2. The validation business rules are built randomly for 8000 validation accounts (from VALIDATION1, VALIDATION2, VALIDATIONn to VALIDATION8000). The validation business rules on the screenshots do not make any sense from business perspective and are just shown for demonstration purposes.
Validation_Header.csv's fields are the following:
|SEQ||Validation account||Validation operand||Other source dimensions members||Other destination dimension members||Applicable periods||Validation tolerance||Remark|
|sequence number of validation rule in the table. It should be incremental.||id of an existing validation account from account dimension||operand the values are to be evaluated upon||other dimension members||other dimension members||a period the rule is applicable to||a value upon which the evaluation is performed||comment to the validation rule|
Let’s have a look at 2 validation rule headers in the CSV file and BPC Admin Client.
The fields in Validation_Detail.csv are self-explanatory except SEQ. SEQ contains a sequence number of detailed comparison rule within a validation rule.
|SEQ||Validation account||Sign 1||Account 1||Flow 1||Sign 2||Account 2||Flow 2||Remark|
|It contains a sequence number of detailed comparison rule within a validation rule. It should start from 1 to n wihtin a validation account id from Validation account field||A validation account that the detail rule corresponds to||1/-1||Account id to be compared||Flow id||1/-1||Account id to be compared||Flow id||Comment|
The following is a screenshot that demonstrates a rule VALIDATION1 in CSV file and BPC Admin Client.
The first detailed line for VALIDATION1 rule has SEQ = 1, the second has SEQ = 2 and so on.
In this example there are 8000 validation rules. Each validation rule contains from 3 to 4 corresponding detailed rules. Overall there are more than 30 000 lines in both files.
When the files are prepared in MS Excel, please make sure they are saved in CSV format. To do this you can click File – Save As and choose CSV format from drop-down menu. Then Save.
- Tables in CSV files must not be restructured
- Avoid using comma sign in comments “,”
- Before running the program, make sure the CSV files are closed in MS Excel.
Running the program.
- Log on to NetWeaver.
- Start SE38 Transaction.
- Enter ZUJ_VALIDATION_CSV_UPLOAD and click execute.
- Locate CSV files for header and detail files entry fields.
- This is extremely important to choose correct APPSET and APPLICATION ids. If they are not chosen correctly, the existing data for wrong appset/application can be overwritten/damaged.
Select the appset and application using F4 help. In my example the data is written to Apshell, application named Simple.
- Once everything is selected click Execute.
When the data is ready to be inserted in underlying tables you will be asked to confirm the update.
If Yes is clicked the program will perform the update. If the action is canceled – nothing will be updated.
Confirm the update for correct appset/application.
- Uploading finished successfully.
Validating uploaded validation business rules
When the validation business rules are successfully uploaded to the system please do the following.
- Log on to BPC Admin Client
- Choose the application
- Go to Business Rules and click on Validation
- On the action pane click Validate or Validate and confirm to make sure the business rules are valid.
- Once validation is complete, the business rules can be used.