Internet Application Components (IACs)
The Internet Transaction Server (ITS) allows Internet and intranet users to run business transactions that access data in SAP system by starting services called Internet Application Components (IACs) from a Web browser. Like all SAP transactions, IACs are developed in the SAP System, using SAP's integrated development environment, the ABAP Workbench, but are designed to work as Internet or intranet scenarios. SAP customers can choose from the ever growing number of IACs delivered with each release or develop their own.
SAP has developed a wide range of IACs, all of which are fully integrated into the standard SAP System and belong to one of the application areas below:
- Internal Business
- Customer Services
- Business-to-Business Procurement
- SAP Retail Store
- Employee Self-Service
- Enterprise Buyer Professional
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Customized Scenarios
- ERP applications available as Internet/intranet scenarios.
- Customized, user-friendly interface.
- Immediate access to intuitive Internet/intranet scenarios for new or untrained users.
- Internet access to SAP System for customers/business partners at anytime from anywhere.
- Intranet access to self-service applications for employees.
- All applications (Internet or SAP GUI) maintained in the same development environment.
- Single-sourced solution (SAP).
- Clear separation of application development in ABAP and design in HTML.
- Available in several languages.
- Multi-level security including HTTPS support.
- IACs are written in ABAP and reside in the SAP System.
- IACs are developed and transported in SAP' s environment, which includes development, test, and production systems.
- IAC development and administration process supported by the SAP@Web Studio, graphical client software supplied with the ITS.
- Microsoft IIS and Apache/ SunOne Web servers supported on Windows 2000/Windows 2003 Server/Linux / Solaris.
- No special client-side installation needed, only a standard web browser.
You find an overview of available literature and presentations in the ITS space.