Process Observer for Built-In Processes (POB) allows customers to monitor and optimize core processes based on SAP Business Suite’s built-in processes and supports insight to actions. It closes a major gap from process management lifecycle perspective.
|Find here the Results of the Process Observer Customer Survey 2014. Thank you to all customers who participated in the survey.|
|Read ourSuccess Story: Paul Vahle GmbH Reduces Delivery Times with Process Observer You can find more details on this implementation on the DSAG website: Analysis of Order-to-Cash Processes using Process Observer (in German, restricted area, DSAG members only)|
|The Merck Group uses Process Observer in the context of Master Data Harmonization. Read the full story here.|
March 12, 2016: SAP Inside Track 2016 Frankfurt a.M., Germany. Martin Hofmann from AOK Systems demonstrates “Prozesstracking” a customer product, built with FPM, FIORI, CDS, HANA and BRFplus on top of Process Observer. Find more details here.
November 10-12, 2015: TechEd Barcelona, Spain. Join our session BA109 'Performance Analytics for Order to Cash Processes in S/4HANA'.
October 19-23: TechEd Las Vegas, USA. Join our session BA109 'Performance Analytics for Order to Cash Processes in S/4HANA'.
September 29 - October 1, 2015: DSAG Jahreskongress 2015 - AK Automotive. You will learn about an application use case of Process Observer in session 'SAP-basierte Steuerung eines integrierten Produktenstehungsprozesses' by our customer Schaeffler and our partner Cubeserv.
2013-2014: SAP University Trainings BIT605 Process Observer 2013-2014 in Walldorf, Hamburg, Berlin Germany (language German)
September 24, 2013: Free CubeServ Webinar Process Intelligence (language German)
February 27, 2013: DSAG Technologietage, track BPM "Prozesssichtbarkeit für Suite Prozesse" covering Process Observer.
- An introduction to Process Observer is given in the following presentation: Monitoring and Analyzing Business Suite Processes using Process Observer.
- Detailed usage and configuration information about Process Observer is given in:Process Observer In-Depth Workshop
- See how Process Observer is positioned in the context of SAP's overall BPM offering: SAP Offering for Business Process Management
- Find a Comparison of Business Process Monitoring / Business Process Analytics (BPMon/BPA) and Process Observer (POB) and how you can commonly use them. new!
- Find anOverview of Enhancement Options for Process Observer for Built-In Processes new!
Recordings & Demos:
- View the recording of PMC212 "Big Picture Process Orchestration from an Application Point of View" from TechED Las Vegas.
- A short live demo of Process Observer is available at Process Observer Demo SAP Foundation Day 2012.
- The following demo of the SAP Demo Store shows the integration of Process Observer into SAP Master Data Governance to monitor the master data creation and distribution process cross-systems. To run the demo you need to be logged on to the SAP Demo Store new!
Introduction & Setup:
- Introducing New Component: Process Observer for Built-In Processes (POB)
- Business value being addressed by Process Monitoring & Analytics for the SAP Business Suite
- Architecture of Process Observer for Built-In Processes (POB)
- Setup of Component Process Observer for Built-In Processes
- Create Process Definition for Business Process Monitoring & Analytics for Business Suite Processes (POB)
- Create KPI Definitions for Business Process Monitoring & Analytics for Business Suite Processes (POB)
- Monitor Sales Order Processing with Process Observer for Built-In Processes (POB)
- Instrumentation for Procure-to-pay process on item level in Process Observer
- Visualization of Process Flows in Process Observer
- Process Observer: More to See new!
- Monitoring of cross system workflows with SAP Process Observer
- Process Observer (POB) - working with BOR events made easy
- Process Observer: Working with Tasks Made Easy
- Using Thresholds, SLAs and Alerting in Process Observer (POB)
- Process Observer (POB) Direct Event API for Logging Processes from SAP and Non-SAP Systems
- Tracking Field Changes Using the Process Observer (POB) Direct Event API
- Using BAdIs to Anonymize User Information in Process Observer (POB)
- Applying Process Mining Techniques to Process Observer Data using the ProM Toolkit
- Process Mining with Process Observer and Fluxicon Disco
- A Word on Federation new!
Consumption and Enhancement:
- SAP Operational Process Intelligence powered by SAP HANA utilizes Process Observer and also other data sources to provide process intelligence and transparency into business operations. It is a new application that provides real-time, actionable intelligence about your company's business processes, spanning SAP Business Suite leveraging Process Observer, SAP Business Workflow, and SAP NetWeaver Process Orchestration.Find out more in this blog post by Peter McNulty and this document by Stephan Schluchter, and watch the overview video.
- The New SAP RDS called SAP MDG Content Accelerator integrates Process Observer into Master Data Governance (MDG) to monitor the master data distribution process end-to-end across systems.
- Process Observer log data can be used on SAP HANA using SLT replication from the underlying backend system. A set of HANA views (virtual data models [VDMs]) to ease the consumption of Process Observer data on SAP HANA is released with SAP HANA Live for EHP4 for SAP ERP Release 1.0 SP03. The documentation of the views can be found here.
- @Sebastian Zick from CubeServ writes about first experiences working with Process Observer:Process Observer – a new SAP approach to analyze Business Suite processes! Cubeserv is offering comprehensive BPM consulting services, BI-Content „Process Analytics“ and process dashboards to visualize KPIs. Find also this success story from Cubeserv: Cycle Times in an Order-to-Cash Process in a Mid-Size Company using Process Observer (article in German).
- Process Observer log information can be accessed for mobile consumption via ODATA. For details see: Business Process Content powered by SAP Netweaver Gateway
- Documentation of the Process Observer core application.
- Documentation of BI Content for Process Observer.
- For Q&A feel free to post in our Process Observer Discussion. And of course you're free to start a new discussion or add comments to any of our articles, too.