Business Process Cycle Implement Phase
TASKS OF THE IMPLEMENT PHASE
In this phase, the business process expert oversees the activities needed to document the project and prepare the team that has been organized to implement the process.
This phase includes the following tasks:
- Prepare the project
The business process expert oversees the creation of the project in SAP Solution Manager, using SAP best practices and business configuration sets.
- Create the business blueprint
The business process expert works with the implementation team to define and document the planned processes, and/or their functional enhancements, using ARIS for SAP NetWeaver. The blueprint includes business scenarios, business processes, and process steps.
- Realize the project by configuring it in SAP Solution Manager
The business process expert models each of the process steps in SAP Solution Manager and selects the configuration content for SAP implementation, using the business blueprint created in the previous task.
- Make final preparations
The business process expert creates and executes test cases, in conjunction with computer-aided test tools.
- Go live and provide support
The business process expert uses the SAP GoingLive Check services to ensure that all business and technical issues have been identified and solved. The results are stored in SAP Solution Manager.
TOOLS FOR THE IMPLEMENT PHASE
- SAP Solution Manager (SAP Service Marketplace login required)
- SAP business configuration sets
- ARIS for SAP NetWeaver
- SAP Best Practices offerings
- SAP NetWeaver implementation guide
- SAP Support Portal (SAP Service Marketplace login required)
TASK DOCUMENTATION FOR THE IMPLEMENT PHASE
For each task in the implement phase, the following documentation is helpful.
Task: Prepare the project
- SAP Solution Manager: Projects -> Roadmap
Road maps contain the standard SAP implementation methodology and cover the most important aspects and phases of a SAP implementation.
Task: Create the business blueprint
- SAP Solution Manager: Projects -> Business Blueprint
Blueprints contain the project structure in which relevant business scenarios, business processes, and process steps are organized in a hierarchical structure.
- SAP Best Practices Baseline Package: Business Information
Best practices include standardized business scenarios and functions.
Task: Realize the project
- SAP Solution Manager -> Projects -> Configuration
Implement a new landscape or add a new scenario to the system landscape, while reusing existing systems and components, thereby configuring the process requirements specified in the blueprint.
Task: Make final preparations
- SAP Solution Manager -> Test Organization
Create one or more test plans for the projects.
- eCATT (extended Computer Aided Test Tool)
Create and execute functional tests for software. The primary aim is the automatic testing of software support for the defined test scenarios. Each test generates a detailed log that documents the test process and results.
Task: Go live and provide support
- SAP Database Guide -> GoingLive and EarlyWatch
Optimize performance and system availability
- Business Task Management -> Support for Offline Processes
Control task generation through the rapid development of simple automated processes sharing the same BPM runtime