Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lotus Notes Email transformed in Portal Content

MauricioMiao
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

What I have to achive is a way to create documents in KM based on e-mail information, basically the KM document must have the same look and content of a e-mail from an inbox of a generic user in Lotus notes.

Everytime a new e-mail comes into the inbox, it must be replicated to KM.

Or if it is not possible, a kind of job should update KM with all new e-mails since last execution.

I created a Portal WebService that receive the content and create the document in KM, it is working fine.

Now I need to get the e-mails from Lotus Notes.

What is the best way to do that, or what options I have?

By now I think there are 2 options:

<b>1 -</b> create a program inside Lotus notes that every time a e-mail comes into the inbox, this program calls the web service in portal. For my case it is not the best option as I have no knowledge in creating this "program" inside Lotus notes.

<b>2 -</b> use Lotus Notes Repository Manager

The second option I am not sure if would be useful to me or not? Is the one I think people here could help me more to understand.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Mauricio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichaelSambeth
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Mauricio,

based on your two options I think option 1 is preferrable. A Repository manager only references documents - this means documents that are stored outside SAP NetWeaver (e.g. in a Notes/Domino database) are made accessible to KM through the Domino repository manager. This however does not copy the document to KM. It only references the notes document. Pls. see http://www.youatweb.de/yaw/yaw_base.nsf/docs/repman_en for more information.

Another option would be to contact the SAP Partner Pavone AG, who also offers solutions for notes mail management and SAP integration. Please send an email to ctsc@sap.com referencing this post so that I can pick it up.

Regards

Michael

MauricioMiao
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I found a way creating an agent in Lotus notes that calls a portal web service.

Thanks,

Mauricio

former_member945471
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mauricio,

Can you please let me know what was the solution you arrived upon?

Thanks in advance.

Arun

MauricioMiao
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

The solution is not fully testes yet but what I had to do:

1 - Create a portal service that receive a string as parameter and create a new content with this string (in NWDS is a Portal Application Project).

2 - Create a Web Service for this portal service (in the same portal application project).

3 - Create a new Stand alone Web Service proxy project in NWDS to generate proxy classes for this web service.

4 - Create a new notes agent in Lotus notes that consumes this web service, for this I followed an example that is placed in IBM Developers Network site (http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/lotus/library/ls-AWS_integration/). The agent should run every time a new email arrives or in certain periods, this you can configure when creating the agent.

Unfortunatelly I did not find a way to get the e-mail in HTML format, the Notes API does not have any method that return the e-mail content as HTML. The only method I found return the e-mail content as plain text.

Regards,

Mauricio

Answers (0)