Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payload in String need Java mapping to IDOC structure

former_member203627
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a payload in a field and that payload needs to be mapped to IDOC sturcture. As per my understanding I will have to write java mapping for the same.

I don't have any background of java, can anyone help me do this stuff or give me some inputs for the same.

Regards

Ria

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member203627
Participant
0 Kudos

resolved

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ria,

Can you paste the sample payload that comes in a field.

Thanks

SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ria,

Does the Source field consists of payload, then there must be original payload for which you have created Source Structure in XI right.

I think your source structure look like this if I'm not wrong:

<Data Type>

< Field>

<Field>

<Field-Payload>

</Field-Payload>

</Field>

</Field>

</DataType>

If this is so, you can split the values in the field by FCC. If your field consists of simple payload you can use String functions to extract the value and map it to IDOC field.

Best Regards

Praveen K

Former Member
0 Kudos

>I have a payload in a field and that payload needs to be mapped to IDOC sturcture

Does field contains payload as fixed length data)?

former_member203627
Participant
0 Kudos

I think it will be fixed length only data can varry but structure should be fixed.

Regards

Ria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Riya,

Specify the details about payload.

Is it going to contain fixed length data or delimetered data and if possible paste schema here so that we can understand the structure of the payload.

Regards,

Shri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ria,

This can be done from Graphical Mapping as well. You have to write a UDF in Java to split the Payload String in that field and can store these splitted values in Global Container varaibles from within that UDF itself. Now at each Target field (in target IDoc Structure) write a UDF to retreive the corresponding values for the Global Container and map to the target field.

But I am not sure how efficient this solution would be performance wise - but it is cetainly a workaround if you don't want to use Java mapping.

Regards,

Suddha

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member203627
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am getting payload in a field and that payload has to be mapped to IDOC structure, that's why I need java mapping.

Please guide me how can I do this.

Regards

Ria