cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Eventing or FPM - navigate to diff comp controller view and ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The query is simple, i guess -

From a particular component controller ( not from its view ) how can i navigate to a view of different component controller.

Also how can i navigate to diff view ( within the same controller ) by the same controller.

I tried Portal Eventing and FPM -

WDPortalEventing.fire( "urn:com.sap.xss.hr.per.tw.bank.overview.Vc...Overview.Eventing","send","N");

and at receiver

WDPortalEventing.subscribe("urn:com.sap.xss.hr.per.tw.bank.overview.VcPerBankTWOverview",

"send", wdThis.wdGetPortalEventAction() );

it didn't worked.

Also tried FPM after creating an FPM view , but need inputs from you to link it in event links as target.

ECC6.0 - mysaperp2005.

EP7

THanks,

Regards,

Ankit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lokesh_kamana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is ur firing event

WDPortalEventing.fire( "urn:com.sap.xss.hr.per.tw.bank.overview.Vc...Overview.Eventing","send","N");

This is ur subscribing eventWDPortalEventing.subscribe("urn:com.sap.xss.hr.per.tw.bank.overview.VcPerBankTWOverview",

"send", wdThis.wdGetPortalEventAction() );

Instead of giving different namespaces .Try giving the same namespace

urn:com.sap.xss.hr.per.tw.bank.overview.Vc...Overview.Eventing

-

>urn:com.sap.xss.hr.per.tw.bank.overview.VcPerBankTWOverview.

Try it and let me know the status.

Thanks & Regards,

Lokesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit

Look into this [Thread|;

Best Regards

Chaitanya.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vishwas.. / Chaitanya -

Thanks for the reply -

- I want to navigate to CompB's view from Component Controller A ( not frm the view ).

- Another query was - how can i get to View2 of comp controller A via Comp Controller A itself.

Your answers were helpfull but i need some more info..

The forums link u mentioined had some body mentioned this -

" 2 ways to do this...

The first way:

1) Create a separate window in Comp B for each view that you need to navigate directly to (an interface view is created for each window)

2) Embed the multiple interface views of Comp B into Comp A

3) Use a separate outbound plug in Comp A for each Comp B interface view

"

AFTER STEP 2 ON STEP 3 HOW CAN I HAVE AN OUTBOUND PLUG FROM COMP CONTROLLER A ( not from the view ). i.e., outbound plug from Comp A to the Comp B inteface view

Lokesh -

Trying same namespace didn't worked , - i guess Portal eventing might work between views , but here i have a component controller and a view.

vmadhuvarshi_
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ankit,

To navigate from one view to another within the same component, you can use navigation plugs and navigation links - no need for portal navigation here. To navigate to an iView of a different component, declare the use of that component's interface view in your component and then you can navigate to view of other component. [This tutorial|/docs/DOC-8061#4] will help you.

Let me know if I understood your question correctly.

Vishwas.