cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FileDownload UI Element in a table

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm tryign to use FileDownload UI Element in a table, but it seems not to work.

I have defined a binary, an IWDAttributeInfo and a IWDModifiableBinaryType attributes in the same context node of the table.

In wdDoInit() I wrote the following code:

for (int i=0;i<wdContext.nodeFileTab().size();i++)

{

try {

wdContext.nodeFileTab().getFileTabElementAt(i).setAttInfo(wdContext.nodeFileTab().getNodeInfo().getAttribute(IPrivateView_pdfView.IFileTabElement.T_FILE_DOWNLOAD));

wdContext.nodeFileTab().getFileTabElementAt(i).setBinaryType((IWDModifiableBinaryType)wdContext.nodeFileTab().getFileTabElementAt(i).getAttInfo().getModifiableSimpleType());

wdContext.nodeFileTab().getFileTabElementAt(i).getBinaryType().setFileName(wdContext.nodeFileTab().getFileTabElementAt(i).getFilename());

wdContext.nodeFileTab().getFileTabElementAt(i).getBinaryType().setMimeType(WDWebResourceType.PDF);

wdContext.nodeFileTab().getFileTabElementAt(i).setTFileDownload(this.getByteArrayFromResourcePath("/sapmnt/PCD/global/config/cm/etc/pdf/"+wdContext.nodeFileTab().getFileTabElementAt(i).getFilename()));

}

catch (Exception e)

{

wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportException(e.toString(),true);

}

}

As result each row download the file in the last row. Is there any other way I can try?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

you cannot set metadata at element level of a node. When you set the metadata ( example mime type or file name ) for a particular element in the node , it changes for all the element. So you are always getting the file for the last row. ( most recent set metadata ).

Try using the inteface IWDCachedWebResource for file download.

For each row add a button, and associate an action "DownloadFile" for it. Use the following "onAction" for the said action.

public void onActionDownloadFile(com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDCustomEvent wdEvent )

{

//@@begin onActionDownloadFile(ServerEvent)

//

int selectedIndex = wdContext.nodeFileTab().getLeadSelection();

IPrivateView_pdfView.IFileTabElement file = wdContext.nodeFileTab().getFileTabElementAt(selectedIndex);

try {

IWDCachedWebResource webResource = WDWebResource.getWebResource(

this.

getByteArrayFromResourcePath("/sapmnt/PCD/global/config/cm/etc/pdf/"+

wdContext.nodeFileTab().getFileTabElementAt().getFilename(selectedIndex),

WDWebResourceType.PDF);

wdComponentAPI.getWindowManager().createExternalWindow(webResource.getURL(),"Download File",true).open();

}

catch(Exception e) {

// take some action

wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportException(e.toString(),true);

}

//@@end

}

Hope you get a solution.

Regards

KK.

Former Member
0 Kudos