cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to delete sale order line item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

I am working on make to order scenerio, where i have created a sale order, based on which system generates PR, in MM PR is converted to PO,

Now i want to delete the line item in the sale order, but system show an error substquent document i.e PO exist, Thus i have deleted the line item in the PO, even than system is not allowing me to delete the sale order line item, error cannot be deleted due to subsequent PO doc.

Can anyone let me know how do i delete the sale order line item.

Suggestions will be worth appreteated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is common problem of deletion of sales order in MTO scenario. First thing is that you cannot delete entire purchase order from database. you need to delete the line item.

sales order does not gets deleted unless its subsequent document gets deleted (purchase order).

So only solution here is delete the line items in purchase order & then reject the line item in sales order by giving reason for rejection.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per document flow, it looks still purchase requisition still exists. You need to delete the purchase req also in order to delete the sales order line item.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you cant delete the p.o altogether like in s.o.

you have to delete the line items only. then delete the pr, then only u would be able

to delete the line item in the so.

regards,

anand

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sarfrazny,

You can't delete the sales order or item, untill there is no subsequent documents are exists for the sales order.

In your case you have deleted the PO item but you didn't delete the PO, so system will not not allow you to delete the item untill you delete the subsequent PO.

You delete the PO then you try to delete the item system will allow.

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Edited by: Murali Mohan.Tallapaneni on Aug 10, 2008 11:07 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murli...

Thanks for your prom reply..

I have deleted the line item, so that PO is automaticaly deleted, if not, how do i delete the PO..