cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Goods Issue not possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus,

I am trying to post goods issue in ECC 6.0 system, it is giving me error Posting only possible in periods 2006/12 and 2006/11 in company code 1000. can some one explain how to rectify this and PGI goods and invoice the customer.

Thank you gurus in advance,

Gopi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

This error is related with the fiscal period. Fiscal period is different the the calendar year. You can find out the fiscal year variant used for the company ocde using transaction code "OBY6". Here you will come accross a field where the fiscal year variant is entered - K4, V3, etc. This totally depends upon the country.

I will explain you taking India as an example. In India the calendar year starts with January & ends with December but the fiscal year starts with April & ends in March next year.

So in India if i want to do any material postings in the month of August (starting from April-August is 5th period. So August will be the 5th month in the fiscal year). So the 5th period should be closed using transaction code MMPV. The same thing you can see in the transaction code "OMSY" - here you will see currently which fiscal period is closed.

Also the system allows posting in the current fiscal period & the previous one before that. Example - If 5th period (August) is closed then you can do the postings in the 5th period (August) & 4th period (July).

I hope this clears your doubt regarding the difference between a calender year & the fiscal year.

Solution to your problem:

1. Transaction code "OBY6" - select your company code - go to details - check the fiscal year variant - the description will display the fiscal year range (start month & end month). If you are not able to find out the correct fiscal year, then take the help of the FI consultant.

2. Transaction code "OMSY" - you can check the current closed period. As per your issue the current period shows "2006 12" & hence the system says posting possible in current perio & the previous period "2006 11". This shows that the fiscal year is the same as the calender year. But the current period according to this fiscal year is "2008 08".

3. Transaction code "MMPV". you will have to close the periods starting from "2007 01" one by one. Enter the company code - enter the period as "01" - year as "2007" - select the option "check & close period". I would suggest you to select the option "allow negative postings in previous period" (it is somthing like that only). After you have entered all the details click on "execute" or press "F8".

The system will display the message "period closed & log issued". There should not be any error. I would suggest you after closing the period "200 701", check in transaction code "OMSY" - for your company code the system should display "2007 01" & "200612". If it is so then go on closing periods upto "2008 08".

Now try to do the PGI. The error will not come.

I have a second solution also for you. In the change mode of the delivery at the line item level, select the first option "processing" (the screen prior to picking). Here in the actual goods issue date enter a date from any of the months November 2006 to December 2006. Press enter & ignore any warning if any. Do the PGI - no error will be displayed.

I hope this clarifies your doubt.

With best regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to t code MMPV, Then enter the company code , then enter year and month from 2006 ,then press f8, do upto current month and year

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you gurus,

your valuable suggestions has solved my problem, in particular thanks once again to allabaqsh, you have explained the solution in detail, which has solved my problem as well as very clear understanding of the concept. it was very useful.

Thank u gurus,

Keep up the good work.

Regards,

Gopi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What ever laxmipathi and anad has given was correct answers still your problem has not solved then try with this

Go to t code 0X18 -assignment of plant to company code

-select your company code and delete your plant from which goods are going to reduce.

Go to OMSY-maintaining the periods

-go to your company code and change to what ever month and year it is asking for and save it .

Go to OX!8 again and assign the plant which is deleted priviously to company code.

Still problem persists then refresh the server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can check the current period in t-code mmrv

then goto t-code mmpv and close period by initially putting the period mentioned in mmrv, as

suggested in the earlier post.

Do this process untill the year 2008 of august.

this will solve the problem.

rgds,

anand

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gopi

This is because your posting period is in 2006 which should have been 2008. To regularise this,

- Go to MMPV

- Input Company Code, Financial period

- Select the box Check and close period and execute

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi