Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM5.0 with MDM Catalog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know following questions :-

1, Do I need to replicate/bring master data (vendor, product category, material) from ECC6.0 to MDM Catalog if I need to implement MDM Catalog? Already SRM is having master data (replicated from ECC6.0).

2. I believe in CCM2.0 I don't have to replicate master data and just need to upload catalog. CCM was able to use SRM server master data,

3. My client is usuing MDM extensively and when we go for MDM Catalog, will it be totally seperate system from MDM SAP they are usuing?

Thnaks,

Rajan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajan,

1, Do I need to replicate/bring master data (vendor, product category, material) from ECC6.0 to MDM Catalog if I need to implement MDM Catalog? Already SRM is having master data (replicated from ECC6.0).

No need to replicate the data from ECC to MDM. you need to replicate the data (vendor, product category, material) from SRM System to MDM Catalog Repository. you can upload the Contract data and info records from ECC to MDM Catalog.

3. My client is usuing MDM extensively and when we go for MDM Catalog, will it be totally seperate system from MDM SAP they are usuing?

No, you can use the same system for MDM Catalog Solution. There is a standard business content for the SRM-MDM Catalog, you only need to unarchive the Standard SRM-MDM Catalog repository using MDM Console in the Same MDM Server. You only need to configure the entire SRM-MDM Catalog Scenario.

For more infor on SRM-MDM Catalog, you can refer the SAP Note-1057316

also you can refer the guides which avialable on SMP.

I Hope thios will help you. If you need any further info, please let us know.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just asked one of these questions in a separate thread and got a different answer:

My Question: I am designing architecture to implement SRM-MDM catalogue. In reviewing the SRM-MDM guides and notes I see several illustrations and text saying that an MDM installation is required. I just wanted to confirm that an additional, independent MDM installation is required to support SRM-MDM. That is, I cannot utilize an existing MDM instance for SRM-MDM catalog. This means I will have two MDM instances in the landscape (one MDM and one SRM-MDM). Please confirm if this is correct.

Answer: If you are using only the SRM-MDM catalog repository on MDM system then same instance is fine.But if you are using MDM for any other Business Scenario then a separate Installation for MDM-Catalog is recommended.This is Because SAP releases the versions of MDM separately for SRM-MDM catalog other than standard MDM version.At some point in time the requirement of MDM server for catalog and other scenariosn may not match.We are on the latest version of MDM-Server and installed MDM catalog over the same against SAP's recommendation.Till now its working fine, but SAP still insists to separate the instances.It ay be just good luck,but if possible separate them

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michelle,

When you download the business content of SRM-MDM then you will find the MDM installables also.

This does not mean that you have to install the seperate instance of MDM Server.

It is not necessary that you have to use the seperate instance of MDM Server for the MDM Catalog Scenario.

But If you can use the seperate instance of MDM Server for SRM-MDM Catalog then you can, it will be good.

Just match the version of MDM installables which is in the Business content of SRM-MDM Catalog with the version of MDM Server which you are using. this is because of the business content contains some scar files to be deployed on WAS which is dependent on the MDM Server version. So check If both are same than you can use the same MDM Server for SRM-MDM Catalog Scenario.

For the verion mapping of SRM-MDM Catalog with MDM 5.5, you can refer the following SAP Notes:

Version mapping SRM-MDM Catalog 1.0 to SAP MDM 5.5--> 1082069

Version mapping SRM-MDM Catalog 2.0 to SAP MDM 5.5--> 1083126

I hope this will clear your doubt.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Edited by: Saurabh Kumar Sahu on Aug 13, 2008 8:44 AM

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Both CCM and SRM-MDM Catalog can manage Product Master from SAP system and Supplier Parts Number from Supplier. If you creates a SC with product master, you should replicate materials from ERP to SRM. SRM has standard interface for transfering product master to CCM or SRM-MDM catalog.

SRM-MDM Catalog runs on top of MDM technology. You can implement catalog in the same server or the separate server. I would implement catalog in the separate server to avoid version mismatch with pure MDM scenario.

Regards,

Masa