cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineering Change Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

I work for a Manufacturing company and would want to use Leading CMR in our company

I know how to create a basic Leading Change Master Record and assign the change packages to it (through CC01 & CC31).

I have read that this functionality is used for complex scenarios, I do not have any other information beyond that

Please give me some examples of such situations / purpose and any material on this regard would be very helpful

Appreciate your time

Sincerely

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

How are ECR/ECO prioritized

apart from work flow is there a configuration setting in ECM itself

Best Regards

0 Kudos

Hello Andrew,

an example which makes it quite clear where the benefit in ECM is if you are using plans and these are changed. For example in QM in the inspection plan if you use the same operation and characteristic number you will overwrite an existing characteristic, thus a certificate issued for an inspection lot created prior to the change then has an incorrect characteristic. With ECM you can see which changes were made, you can select plans valid to a certain date and the certificate will contain the correct data.

I hope that helps clarify this issue.

Regards,

Isabelle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Isabelle,

What I am specifically looking for is in what scenario we can make use of the Leading change master record (CC01) with Change packages (CC31) (i.e., a number of Change Master Records) assigned to it.

Best Regards

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer this link,

[ECM|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/d8/731cab4b7511d1894b0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm]

[Code|http://help.sap.com/search/highlightContent.jsp]

Come back for further discussion.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Already been to that link, no trace of leading change master record / change packages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar,

I would appreciate if you can forward any other link / material

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar,

I am sorry, the basic info about LCMR is there and I have created those in test environment but what I meant and would be of help is --scenarios and more info than basic intro

info which can help me in implementing this functionality for the company

Looking forward to hear from you

Best Regards

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Using Engineering Change Management component we can change the objects like

BOM

Routing(Task List)

Material,

Documents

with history (with date validity) or certain criteria (with parameter effectivity).

After doing the img settings,

create a Change note number using CC01 without release key (except for BOM) nd with release key for BOM.

Using this Change note number we can create,Change a material ,routing,nd BOM.

If you create a Change note with release key and after creating a BOM using the particular Change note number,got to T code CC02,enter the Change number and enter the Release key no as 1,otherwise the system will show that there's no Valid BOM for the material.

For Eg : So we can track the record of changes made for a BOM using the change note number,or the series of changes .for this goto to display mode of BOM,CS03nd enter the material no,plant,and remove the valid from and valid to dates,so that it gives you all the Change notes that were been used to change the BOM.

For a material if u want to know what are all the changes made along with repective dates,use T code mm03,enter the material no and after choosing the views and entering, in the top menu's goto-Environment-Display Changes.

Now it will show the list of change note numbers used and the changes made aginst that Change note number.

I hope this will help you.

In SPRO maintain the following

1)Set control data

2)Define effectivity type and maintain effectivity profiles.

3)Maintain Release key

4)Define status for Change master record according too your requirement.

These are the standard setting for Engineering change management.

Please let me know if you have any doubts.

Pls refer this link,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Change_management_%28engineering%29

Regards,

R.Brahmankar