Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineering Change Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

I work for a Manufacturing company

I know how to create a basic Leading Change Master Record and assign the change packages to it (through CC01 & CC31).

I have read that this functionality is used for complex scenarios, I do not have any other information beyond that

Please give me some examples of such situations / purpose and any material on this regard would be very helpful

Appreciate your time

Sincerely

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Engineering change management is used in scenario's where the different changes are mandatory for the business. Let me take a example : imagine a business of HITECH manufacturing of storage devices( Hard drives,SATA drives etc used in assembling the memory devices like computer hard drive )

As per the business it sells one model Say : 1000cm ( this is a finished good).This 1000CM is available with different memory combinations like 160 GB,250 GB etc and also with different internal design like M,N,O. All the internal design ( M,N,O) will have different parts.

The BOM maintained for 1000CM will be only one.

Now customer X orders for 1000CM with 160 GB and design M with Z specification(say M1) for date 01.20.2009.

So When a sales order is created for that date, the 1000CM should have M1( is like updated M) as design component in place of M..???( This is controlled through revision control in ECM)

This is taken care by ECM.............How...???

You will create a Change order or Number which will have the 1000CM ( BOM ) as one object and also material M as one object.The change number will be valid from 01.20.2009 so the change to the BOM and the material M( with Z specification ) would be updated and Sales order picks the correct BOM as required by Customer X.

You can visit the below mentioned Link.

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/LOECH/LOECH.pdf

Regards,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adding on to what friends have mentioned above.

Activities in Engineering Change Management

Transaction Activity

CC01 Create change number

CC02 Change change number

CC03 Display change number

Object management record

CC22 Change object management record

CC23 Display object management record

Engineering Change Management for production orders

COCM Change order process u2013 source item

Revision level

CC11 Create revision level for material

CC12 Change revision level for material

CC13 Display revision level for material

CC15 Change revision level for document

CC16 Display revision level for document

Reporting

CS80 Material BOM change document

CV80 Document BOM change document

CS82 Order BOM change document

CC05 Change overview

CC60 Change hierarchy

CJ00 Find digital signatures

Configuration Management

CMWO Configuration Management workbench

Hope this helps.

Rgds

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

ECM is used to record any changes to mater data. It also helps to define effective date and other conditions for change in process.we must have to predefine a work flow to use ecm.

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ECM is a data record that contains all the information required for managing a change. A change master record contains descriptive data, such as the reason for the change, and data with control functions, such as valid-from date and indicators for object types.

If you make a change with reference to a change number the system primarily determines the validity conditions.