cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding 'Active Project' report page in workbench

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to add a new page on the workbench that should display the 'Active projects' or say i want to display 'All projects' that we see in the project list.

i tried this through the workbench page in setup and tried adding a report but the buy side reports dont show 'All Projects' or 'my active projects', but shows lots of other reports on rfx,auctions, projects, etc so am not able to go ahead.

Is there a way out for this or frictionless doesnt support this?

rgds,

Patsy

Edited by: patsy lobo on Aug 10, 2008 6:43 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patsy,

this is an out of the box functionality.

Please replicate the following steps below to get a channel specifically to view your active projects, all that you need to do is select the default Workbench layout that is set for you and enable the attribute for viewing the projects in an exclusive way other than the standard reports from the reports channel.

Please simulate as below

1) Login to SAP E-Sourcing, click on set-up

2) From the system set-up menu, select Workbench

3) In the list of drop downs, first select the Desktop channel and click Ok, you are doing this step to see if the projects have been created as a desktop channel to be further selected for workbench page layout creation

4) If it is available, just exit back to the set-up screen, itf it isnt created, then create it, on how to create, check how the existing channels have been created.

5) If its available, for the workbench set-up, select drop down option "Workbench Page"

6) You will see some default page, cleck on that hyperlink

7) Click on the edit tab, then you will see two tabs below, "summary" and "Layout"

😎 Click on the Add to column 1 or 2 based on how your layout has been designed

9) In the drop down you will see a desktop channel called Projects, select that and enable it

10) Exit the application upon saving and login back, you will see the projects as a separate desktop channel.

Let me know if this works, and do award points if it helps

Cheers

tridip

Edited by: Tridip Chakraborthy on Aug 11, 2008 6:24 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tridip,

I have followed these steps but my issue remains the same!

Step 4 i.e adding projects report onto desktop channel was something addition than what i had tried so i tried that way too but doesnt help.

when i go to desktop channel and click on 'Add' in 'parameter definition' you need to enter the report that you want to dispaly in the field 'Value'.So the dotted(...) help icon takes you to a list of buyer side reports and in here there are pages of report but there isnt 'All Projects' or 'My Active Projects' report listed in these.

The same happens when in the Workbench page in the layout tab, where you trying to set a report to the field 'Value'.

I hope i am clear with my explanation.

I felt this is not supported by frictionless, but maybe i am wrong.

Thanks,

Patricia

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patricia

The "Project Status Summary" is a standard workbench channel, i dont know why you are not seeing it in your list of channels, the following information will be shown in the "Project Status Summary channel"

A summary of Projects, Project, Description and ID and a status of, individuals Projects by name. Users, can access the Projects for additional, details by selecting the Project ID.

Is this your requirement?

Please clarify

Cheers

Tridip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tridip,

I dont need 'Project Status Summary' and of course i can see this report in the workbench page.

I need only 'my active projects'.

We navigate to this from Enterprise Sourcing->Projects->My Active Projects( there are other reports too here like My Project - All, My Project -As owner, My Project - As collaborator ). None of these will be listed in the buyer side reports that we see in the 'Value' field of Workbench page/channel.

Hope this clears what exactly is my requirement.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Patricia

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patricia

Completely able to simulate your requirement now.

Incase the summary report doesnt help you, then please check if you can somehow develop the customizable content that you wish to see as a part of your desktop channel

See the query that actually creates that report(Enterprise Sourcing->Projects->My Active Projects), it should be available, if still the query cannot be available as a report on the channel, then may be you need to check with the customization (development).

Incase you are on the on-premise version, please open an OSS message under Workbench-Set-up, may be if this is a limitation it will show up.

In any case if you find a resolution to the thread do, update it

Cheers

Tridip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tridip,

The actual issue was that these reports - My Active Projects, My Projects -All, My Project as owner , as collaborator which were in the project module were just query definitions with query groups. they werent defined as query reports. I just had to add the query defintion in a report and then i was able to see it in the buyer side reports of Workbench page. That resolves my issue.

Thanks for your help. Appreciate it.

Regards,

Patricia

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to add to what i have written

You can also Edit, Add or Manage the Desktop channels from the right hand top of the Workbench page itself, instead of navigating from the Set-up module.

Note that Projects are a standard desktop cahnnel and can be added, even if you need some customised channels you can do so with some minimal development in the custom portal page

cheers

Tridip