cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during export using CMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I,m trying to export my scenario to DEV machine to TST via CMS and i am getting the following error:

"Workspace was not defined for software component version Default Software Component.

Assign the software component version in the Landscape Configurator of the Change Management Service to a track"

i look for the Default sofware component in the landscape configurator but it does not appear.

could you please help me with this issue?

Kind Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Esther,

These links might help you:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/43f5d790-0201-0010-2984-ff7...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/de/a4214174abef23e10000000a155106/content.htm

/people/daniel.wirbser/blog/2005/10/27/tcsfilecreateexception--error-while-assembly-of-software-components-in-nwdi

Cheers,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chandra,

finally i found the solution by creating one track for the I.Directory. Also, i have one problem, once i have imported succesfully in the cms, i am not able to see the scenario in the I.Directory of the target environment. I have been able to transport only one namespace of the scenario, could be this related to?

Could you please help me with this issue??

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Esther once the import step is completed in CMS, before performing the 'Assemble' step, go to your ID of the target system.

You should see the change list under CMS user (probably lsadmin).. Transfer the change list to your user id and then activate the change list (you may get syntax errors and will need to fill in the target directory and other environment specific params in CC).

Once the steps are completed, assemble the entry in CMS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Esther,

I am getting the same problem too. In my case, I started out correctly by creating a track for Integ Dir transports (with SWCV SAP-INTDIR 3.0). But I still get this error when I try to export a scenario from Integration Builder - Configuration. Our XI and NWDI servers are running on different servers (7.0 version). I tried defining SWCV SAP-INTDIR 7.0 for the I.Dir track that I created, but it still didnt work.

However, I was able to do Repository transports successfully in the same env.

Any thoughts.

Thx

Bhaskar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Esther,

Please go through these links which actualy gives you all information regarding CMS.

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/28/xi-software-logistics-solution-iii-cms

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/09/xi-software-logistics-ii-overview

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f6/719a2172f74b67b150612a7cd3b7df/content.htm

http://www.sap-hefte.de/download/dateien/964/074_lesesprobe.pdf

I hope you can solve your problem going through the info provided above.

Regards,

abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhy,

I assume that reply was meant for me, tho you addressed Esther. Thanks your quick response.

The link you sent me talks about the configuration and explains how to transport, which I have already executed to do a successful transport of REPOSITORY objects.

My question is "Why does the DIRECTORY export fail in the same env where repository transport was successful, having created a separate track for directory transports". Appreciate .

Thx

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

No wonder no one had this problem. A cut and paste issue. The URLs in the track for the Integ Dir transport ended with rep instead of dir. The problem is now solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Esther,

Please check if the SWCV is defined in SLD. If it is defined, please click on the 'Update CMS' button in Landscape configurator. That should allow you to add the SWCV to your track..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SSG,

I´ve been checking the SLD and i think that the same SWCV have to be defined in both systems (DEV and TST). Is that correct? For the moment, i am getting the same error and i have updated the CMS several times with no success.

Could you please give me support with this?

Kind Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Esther, you do not need to define SWCV in two systems. usually you can export the SWCV in dev system and import to test system..

Do you see the SWCV while trying to Add SC to your track? Also ensure that GUID of SWCV on your IR/ID is same as the SLD version. If the GUID is not same, you will get the 'SWCV not found in workspace.. ' message

btw, We are also trying to set up CMS in our system...