cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Form - Content area can't me moved

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm working on an ADOBE invoice form. I set up the company logo, ship to and sold to address and footer as boiler plate objects on the master page. The other data like table header and line item data are in the body page (which is flowed) that I call " Main". Now my problem is: I want to make the item data print starting from 10 cm from the top.I cannot move the content area down to the 10 cm level so now my MAIN body page starts from X and Y coordinates = 0 and the data starts printing from that position spilling over the logo and all other header data. I tried leaving the content area alone and only move the MAIN body page. It does not move down either. How do I fix this problem? Is the content area not supposed to be moved down or do I have a bug in my designer? I posted this in the "form printing" forum too.

Thanks.

Other details: EEC6.0 NW2004s, Livecycle Designer 7.1, Windows XP professional.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

harman_shahi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can do any of the following for your requirement:

1) You can change your Body page (MAIN) to have u201CPositionu201D Layout. Then you should be able to move your fields down.

OR, If you require MAIN to have Flowed Layout then do the following.

2) Create a new subform within the MAIN SubForm (lets call it MAIN_POS). Then set the Layout of this new Subform to Position. Then place your fields in MAIN_POS subform, and move them down.

Hope this helps,

Harman.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello AdobeNewbie

the problem is in the designer...

this is a bug in the 7.1 version

download 6.0

hope it helps ...

Eyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eyal.

I think it is a bug too. The BASIS guys do not want to use the old GUI so I'm stuck with this. I'm getting around the problem by changing the Content area and MAIN body page properties in the underlying XML code. Thanks everybody for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had this issue at the start of this project, I must add we have now designed, developed, tested and signed off in excess of 30 forms, something we would never have achieved if we were running the bugged version.

we started with version 7.x and it was full of them, we are now running SAPGUI 7.10 Final, Patch Level 8 with version 8.x of Adobe Livecycle and you can do what ever you like with the content areas!!

I'm sure your BASIS guys will be much more agreeable with a newer version over a rollback!

HTH!

Ryan