cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract Header data , item data multiple fields from idoc-file in to file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In an idoc to file scenario, I am extracting data from idoc in to a file. My question is that, can I extract multiple header data and item data into the same file. If so what is the configuration I need to perform. How does the file identify which data is header and which one belongs to item ? can both be seggregated with header note (or heading name for identification)? What are the settings required ? Kindly help with your answers.

Best wishes,

Krishna.

Edited by: Krishna Bath on Aug 10, 2008 7:34 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes this kind of inclusion of Multiple headers and details under single file is possible.

The file side structure will have the key role to identify the Header and detail data. May be you need to consider certain logica conditions like for e.g. if you will be sending Sales Order related data then if the posnr (item field) is empty that will be Header else other will be Detail Data.

Now if you need to saggregate all the Header and detail data under the headings like Header and Details..then add one field as Heading Note in File structure and based on details (posnr) field value decide either its header or detial.

Please refer the blogs that have deal with alignment of Multiple IDOCs in single file.

SAP: see OSS NOTE 814393

- Collection of IDoc to Single File

there's a standard pattern (collect pattern) for doing this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/08/16163ff8519a06e10000000a114084/content.htm

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Swaroop, that was indeed helpful. Can anyone kindly elaborate more on the topic.