cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ide advise for abap

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all.

i am new to abap and netweaver platform. i want to develop applications with abap and i downloaded and installed this product: SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ABAP Trial Version

i am glad to see that it comes with a maxdb server. but there is a little problem. when i was downloading it said somewhere on the web page, it has the abap application server and the platform for a single developer user. so i expected that i find an integrated development environment a bit like eclipse or netbeans or visual studio. of course i didn't expected an ide with lots of visual tools as much as visual studio but as i said before i expected a frameworked ide.

so for a second step what can i download or what can i read to develop applications without an ide, only with my word processor application, my abap and maxdb servers and the command line.

it is possible that i can not find the path to run the ide like environment but in my computers all the programs section i see a netweaver link that has two links those are say start the server and stop the server. and there is a maxdb server link.

thanks for all the advises

Edited by: developer developer on Aug 9, 2008 10:04 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the link. I did not use caps in my posts before this one, is it the matter? This is the second time i have received a warning about forum rules.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No problems, i'm only give you links to rules, becouse you are newbie, and good if first you read it. Regards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok then. I want to ask a more thing. Can i translate these blogs in my language and put it on a web site or somewhere on www.sdn.sap.com/bla_bla_bla? Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. Try to ask the forum moderators -->

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Community/Forum+Moderators or directly

Manfred Lutz, but i'm don't know his e-mail.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. Read

Also good if you read rules on this forum -->

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/RulesofEngagement

Regards.