cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading huge flat file through SOAP adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

In one of our interface we need to read big flat file using soap adapter at sender side into xi and we are using java map to convert into xml. but before that i need to split this flat file into multiple files in the first message mapping. and in the second map we have to write a java map to do the flat file conversion to XMLBut i got struck up in reading this big flat file into XI as i need to declare some datatype to read this entire file. Can anybody tell me how i can do this. is it a possible to do first of all with SOAP adapter .

Thanks

raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farooq,

The file size may be 3MB to 10MB but we have n't tested it still. and we are pulling the data into <String> as i mentioned in the last message. I have to see wether it works or not.

Thanks

sudheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vijay,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Due to some reasons i am not allowed to use file adapter . i can use only JMS adapter or SOAP adapter. we tried few scenarios with JMS content conversion but what ever scenario i am asking here is complex at multilevel i can't even use JMS in this case. so we are thinking to read whole file using SOAP adapter and then we are planning to split the file into multiple files, as file can be huge size ,using java mapping and in next level we want to use another mapping to do content conversion. SO I have to do experiements whether this is a feasible solution or not. because when u declare at sender side

<ffdata_MT>

<Recordset>

<ROW> String type

when u declare like this and when u sent the flat file using SOAP adapter at sender side we are getting whole file which we sent at part of "ROW" as string. but inside java mapping i need to see whenther i can split this in XI ,so that i can use these split files in next mapping for content conversion. Hope i am clear now. I want to know whether it is a feasible solution or not.

I really appreciate if sombody give some idea on this

Thanks

raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer this blog too :

Thanks

Farooq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please let us know how you are going to read the files using SOAP adapter.

Also what will the maximum file size or that scenario?

Thanks

farooq.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we are getting whole file which we sent at part of "ROW" as string.

This ain't a problem. With java mapping, based on ur business logic, u may split the xml using DOM or SAX parser into multiple xml files.

I want to know whether it is a feasible solution or not.

Yes this is feasible.

U may do as follows: Just convert the complete string (in ROW field) into xml. And perform the content conversion. Don't split the file here. Then u may use message mapping to split the file. In interface mapping, use both java as well as message mapping.

Regards,

Prateek

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can read files only with the help of File adapter but nor the SOAP adapter. File adapter gives lot of FCC feature and if I am not wrong, your probelm might just be possible by properly using the File adapter it self. Define your record types accordingly and specify the record strucuture format, file adapter it self would split the inut files to multiple messages. SOAP is useful when you want to expose it as a web service.

VJ