plz reply me

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

Product group

A collection of materials defined by user criteria.

These can be products, for example, from a similar product group, or, they may be finished products produced on the same machine when there is a bottle-neck. A product group can be single-level or multi-level. Product groups are multi-level if they include products from other product groups. However, the lowest product group in the hierarchy must contain materials.

You can define the product groups through CX5U1 transaction

Example

You could define the product groups motors, transmissions, and so on, and assign them to inventory items.

Activities

1. Define the appropriate product groups for the goods transferred within your group.

2. Assign the product groups to the inventory items or to the FS item sets you have defined beforehand.

In a single step you can select multiple product groups and assign them to the inventory items or the item sets. The view for assigning inventory items to product groups automatically shows the names of the product groups that you selected. Insert either the individual inventory items or the set name.

Further notes

You can display the master data of the defined product groups, for example, in order to make a printout. To print the master data, choose the Print function and enter selection criteria for the list. The system generates the list using the ABAP List Viewer. You can use the functions available in this tool to filter data or customize the display of the data columns (for more information, see the documentation on the ABAP List Viewer in the SAP Library).

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja and Murali

Thanks For ur reply

Can u plz give me examples for single level and multilevel product groups

plz reply me

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venkata Ramana

Please check this link

[What Is a Product Group?|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/a5/631b1243a211d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Product group

Product group are two types... Single level if only products are members for this product group OR multilevel if product groups are memebrs to the product group.

You can cumulate the all similar products into a product group according to the best availabe criteria for the purpose of sales/production planning and create sales/production plan across the product group at one time with proportion of percentage..this will give complete overview for all the products within product group. And you can also change and dispaly and transfer production plans at one time by using product groups.

You can perform the ATP check from MD47 transaction (planning situation) for the total product group.

Thanks,

Raja