Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

sap text object storage !!

hi,

I need to understanding something abt sap text objects..

i am trying to make use of sap standard text objects for storing text for my custom transactions.

all i need is for every dialog transaction, user will enter a multi line text and i need it to be saved. and when he wants to modify that transaction, i want that text to be displayed.

so in SO10 i created a text object named ZTT1.

in my dialog flow logic, using save text, i saved the data from my text editor into this ZTT1. I checked in SO10, the value was there.

But now when i create another transaction and save logicis executed, the data is overwriting in what was saved before !!

how does SAP store the data I populate in the ZTT1 using SAVE_TEXT ?? am i missing something ??

i want to save such texts for each of the my custom transaction !! any suggestions ? I will have a unique number generated for every record stored in my custom tables. Now there must be some link created between that unique refernce number and the text object, isn'tit ??

hope i am clear.

thks

Tags:
Former Member
replied

yes exactly

>some name like ZXXX

You formulate some combination, which no one uses, and which should be unique. that will resolve.you follow some Sequence to avoid conflicts in future.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question