cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula for master inspection characteristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

My client is maintaining ten quantitative chara. in their inspection plan.Out of these, one characteristic is calculated from other nine chara. using formula.Is it possible to maintain formula for a master inspection chara.If possible how & where we can maintain the formula.Pls. provide me step by step explanation.

if possible pls. provide information as early as possible.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

To learn it your self Do the following.

- In your inspection plan, select any of the MIC Line item.

- Click on the control indicator and select the radion button "Cal Char" in the forumla Options.

- Keep on pressing enter.

- System will stop you and ask you for the formula.

- Press "F1" and Call the help. and learn your self, to create formula.

Regards,

Shyamal

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

I have a characteristic which has 3 parameters. The formula is given on which i want to calculate my result.

For example:

Input 1 is x

input 2 is y

input 3 is z

Result = x * y / z

please guide how can i calculate my result. Similarly I have another characteristic having more than 10 parameters in it.

Thanks,

Shahab

Former Member
0 Kudos

the problem has been solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Simple way of maintaining the formula is as below

1. Define characteristics as a calculated char through control indicators (Second page of control indicators)

2. Maintain the characteristics in the inspection plan. Mantain formaula for the characterstics for whom calculation is required

eg, following are the chars in the plan

0010, 0015,0020,0030.

If Char 0030 is calculated formula. Go to quantitative data of the char. There should be check for calculate formula.

Use operator C0 incase if summarised result as below

Formula can be (C00010C00015100) / (C00020*24)

In inspection lot result recording, calculation will happen if result recording is done and valuation done for the chars used in the formula. Click on calculator like icon for the inspection char or selection of the char and locking of the char will calculate the result for char.

Regards,

SBS