cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TLB order creation based on Inter replenishment lead time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a requirement in TLB process in which irrespective of truck load (weight and volume range) mentioned in the TLB profile, STO should be created after certain interval of time say IRLT (like inter replnishment lead time between two location) for whatever deployment orders exist in the system.

But TLB profile data will be used when IRLT has not reached but minimum truck load formation has taken place.

Can u suggest how to incorporate IRLT at the time of TLB run such that STO's will be created without looking at load but only IRLT.

Thanks in advance

Vaibhav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

If you dont want to consider Truck Load then you have to create another TLB Profile with Unlimited loadability. for e.g. i<base unit<99999999.

And as you said, you want STOs to be created after certain Interval which you call as IRLT. For this requirement you can do it in this way:

1. Create another category group for ATD Reciepts which should include ur demand categories also.(So as to enable effortless confirmation of STRs as per IRLT. Fallback here is that you may not be able to fulfill the orders physically, if that is an issue, ignore this step)

2. Assign the same to the product-location in discussion(ignore if you are ignoring step 1)

3. Schedule Deployment run as per your IRLT. i.e. if IRLT is every 2nd day, then schedule deployment every alternate day, while TLB should be on daily basis.

By doing this Deployment run will confirm the STRs irrespective of the reciept elements(if you want it to be considered ignore step 1.) at a frequency as per your IRLT. But Since TLB Creation is a daily activity, it will try to convert already deployed orders. While if you dont want to consider the Truck Load formation then the orders will be created exactly as per your IRLT.

Hope i was able to make the idea clear. Its not advisable to ignore the reciept elements as the STO

created may not be physically replenished.

Award Point if helpful...

Regards,

Manjit

Edited by: Manjit Pahal on Aug 13, 2008 1:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manjit,

Thanks for your detailed reply.

I would like to state following two issues:

1. I can not change my ATD receipts and ATD issue category groups as it will give me wrong ATD quantities

2. I can not schedule my job after IRLT as if truck load is crossing before IRLT then I would like to deploy the stock

Regards,

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Dear Manjit,

>

> Thanks for your detailed reply.

>

> I would like to state following two issues:

>

> 1. I can not change my ATD receipts and ATD issue category groups as it will give me wrong ATD quantities

>

> 2. I can not schedule my job after IRLT as if truck load is crossing before IRLT then I would like to deploy the stock

>

> Regards,

>

> Vaibhav

Hi Vaibhav,

You need a parameter which is some leadtime. TLB should build its shipments based on this lead time and not on the Volume & Weight of the product as it is regularly used. You can create some custom lead time paramter in the system using /SAPAPO/TLBPARAM and call a BADI /SCA/TLB/EXT which have to be programmed in such a way that once this RLT is reached , the STOs must be consolidated together.

I'm not very sure as to how far you can achieve this. Please take a look at SAP Note : 710198 for further clarification.

I'm not sure whether this will solve your problem. Still you can try out.

Thanks,

Rajesh Manoharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

You need to create two TLB Profiles and Two TLB Background Jobs. One Job is required to be scheduled daily while the other one should be scheduled as per IRLT with the unlimited TLB Profile.

As desired system will try creating a truck load. In case if the truck load will not be possible, you will have a Scheduled job(as per IRLT) with Unlimited TLB Profile which will be triggered and will create an STO(s) as per the ATD Receipts defined even if the stock may not form a Truck load.

Hope this is what you require. Do revert back if you require any clarifications...

Regards,

Manjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had thought of same solution which will call for custom development to change TLB profile in transportation lane looking at IRLT calender for each DC (there are around 30 DC's in network).

Also there are complications of changing means of transport, changing confirm quantities etc.

Regards,

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

Why do you want to change the Means of Transport and the Confirmed quantity.

As per my understanding you want orders only if valid reciepts(as per ATD reciepts) are there.

Also regarding MOT, when you plan in SNP, the STRs are associated to a MOT and the same will be used while confirming the STRs or creating the STOs. For eg. If one STR is associated to T001(MOT) then the STO will also be associated to the same MOT. System processes all orders as per the MOT. So I will recommend you not to go for changing MOT.

The development you are looking for can change the TLB profile as per the IRLT calender in the existing MOT. No of DCs will not impact much if you have this developement in place.

Regards,

Manjit

Edited by: Manjit Pahal on Aug 18, 2008 8:54 AM

Answers (0)