cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Typical XI Integration Challenge - suggestions needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Forum,

I am a very enthusiastic SDN user and have been following the community since a long while now. I have the following challenge at one of our clients and need expert advices, remarks and suggestions based on your knowledge and experience. I have addressed this post also to the Industry Speak as I think this might also be useful to other SAP Partners which are involved in various XI implementations.

We have a typical SAP Integration Project where XI was finalised as "The Integration Solution". We have over 160 Interfaces which are mostly IDOC to File (vice versa) scenarios involving a range of legacy systems. In addition to that we have a number of as-is SAP-SAP scenarios which are realised over BAPI's as of date, which we plan to get realised over XI using RFC Adapters and possibly with Proxies when ever required. Our aim now is to consolidate the number of interfaces where ever possible to avoid the huge number of point-point interfaces. We would really appreciate your valued suggestions/experiences on this.

1. Advantages / Disadvantages of using the IDOC Adapters with in XI instead of the ALE interfaces.

2. What are the possiblities of consolidating the different File Interfaces to talk to one IDOC interface hence reducing the number of point-point interfaces. To put more precisely, multiple senders one or more recievers.

3. I have come to read a lot about IDOC Packaging, how can this be use in a situation as briefed above.

4. Would it be said feasible to get the BAPI Integration Scenarios, running over the Proxy runtime and calling the BAPI's inernally ?

These are the few topics that we would like to discuss with the forum. Due to restriction we are posting this under a strange but in true meaning of the name "XI interest" :-).

Thanking in anticipation,

XI Interest.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi XI Interest !!!

<i>>>1. Advantages / Disadvantages of using the IDOC Adapters with in XI instead of the ALE interfaces.</i>

Go thru this thread:

<i>>>multiple senders one or more recievers.</i>

Just some configuration in ID (Receiver Determination, Interface Determination).

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This one is just for point 3 of your question viz idoc packaging,

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/09/xiidoc-message-packages

Hope this helps,

Anirban.