cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization for Z characteristics in DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi APO Gurus,

In DP I have created Z Characteristics for Region (ZRGN). I have 4 Regions across India ,(North, East , South, west)

Now, I need to restrict my Northern Region head to see only North for characteristic ZRGN.

i know for standard characteristics like 9AMATNR or 9ALOCNO there are std authorization objects based on which i can restrict value.

Could anyone tell me for a Z characterisitic how can i create authorization objects and restrict values based on roles.

Regards

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Creating a custom authorization object is normally left to the technical (BASIS-Security and ABAP) team.

High level - you need to create a custom authorization object SU21 like C_APO_ZRGN

Next you will assign the transactions to which this authorization object will be assigned (SU22) and define the activity checks (SU24).

Next in the role (PFCG) the corresponding transactions are added along with the custom authorization object along with the relevant activities.

When this role is assigned to an user group then they can access only to certain region data through the assigned transactions based on the organization element (Region) value assigned in the role.

Bottomline - work with your technical BASIS team to set this up correctly.

Somnath

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

S_RS_IOBJ is the security object used to restrict the BW info object access. Select your info object and choose the activity(s), 03-display and/or 23-Maintain.

This object is usually in the standard role SCM_BW_WORKBENCH_ADMINISTRATOR

Use this as per your user role. If you have a user that you want limited access, assign him the relevant activity and role.

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For BW related authorization, the best way to do it is using RSSM transaction and creating authorization objects on subset of infoobjects. There is ton loads of documentation on RSSM in BW as well as DP space. Let us know if it works.