cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel invoice document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert while cancelling the invoice the system throwing the message that "Automatic clearing of billing document xxxxxxxx and canc. doc. xxxxxxx not poss.

when further exploring the reason it is showing that The system cannot clear billing documents and cancellation documents because, for example individual item updating is deactivated.

can any one help me out why this error occur while my othe documents are cancelling without any hiccup and generating the reverse documents with proper reversal of G/L.

Regards

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

If you Invoice is cleared form the fi side posting I mean DZ document Type in T-code F-22 .

Then The sytem will not allow to cancel the Billing document type.

It would only happen in reverse Chronological; order :

you have to cancel the Payment document DZ then The Invoice can be cancelled.

regards,

SAP SD

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sanjay,

I don't know much, but can you please:

Check whether the original invoice status is Cleared or Not Cleared.

If the status is cleared then do the rest via T. Code: FBRA

Before that check the accounting document of orginal invoice.

If Accouting document is created for the cancelled Invoice, then you do the manual clearing via T. Code: F-32.

If no accouting document is not created then you should first try to release the invoice to accouting then only you can do the manual clearing.

Best Regards,

Amit

NOTE: These kind of errors occur even when the posting period is closed for the G/L account and company code via

T. Code: OB52.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When was the original Invoice created? If it is in the previous months then you might have this problem. In the cancellation document, change the billing date to today's date and try again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Both the invoice and cancellation document are on the same date - today - i am still getting this error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have no payment received against the invoice but still getting the same error of -

" The system cannot clear billing documents and cancellation documents because, for example individual item updating is deactivated."

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks,

Sriram