Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maintain master mata for Info objects e.g. 9AMATNR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using SCM 5.0 Version.

When i right Click on Info Objects 9AMATNR & go in to maintain masterdata field,I can see only product code not any description of that product Code.Actually I would like to see both.If i am switching to change mode then only one product code will appear & i have to manually enter the description.But this Process is quite lengthy & I have more that 1000 product.

So can any suggest how to maintain master data with description,so that i can see the description also in reports

So kindly suggest solution.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

APO Team

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assuming that you have connected to an R/3 system.To maintain the master data for an infoobject, select that infoobject and go to change mode then select master data/texts tab and assign an infoarea to the infoobject. Activate and refresh it.

Once you refresh the entire tree, infoobject starts appearing in the infoprovider. Now create transformation for the infoobject(texts) with datasource "0MATERIAL_TEXT " (i'm assuming that the datasource is active). Create and execute DTP and infopackage.

Material description starts appearing in the maintain master data.

If you want to see the descriptions in the dataview then the above steps are not required, just CIF all the materials, it starts appearing in the dataviews. If you are generating some reports from APO system then it will be helpful.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Raj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only one way...u have to create Generic Datasource/Std Data Sorce in R/3.... and transfer the material/Text to APO infoobject.

Through CIF--Not poss.

Rajesh Patil

SPINNOVATION