cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Underlying XML record along with Delete Grid Item

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know there is a deleteRow() function for a GRID, but is there such a thing for the actual QUERY OBJECT?

e.g. I have a requirement where not only do the users want the grid item to be deleted from the grid, but they ALSO want the change observed in the underlying data.

Currently, when you delete a grid item(or items), the underlying XML is unchanged (this is done by setting cursor over the actual grid, right-clicking and selecting "View Data" or "Data Detail" and the underlying XML pops up). Is there a function where I can use deleteRow for an Query Object like deleteRow() for Grid Item?

If not, what else could I do?

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

if u want to change or delete the background db, i think, u should use query and icommand.

create a query

and write ur own sql query , like delete from xxx,

and then use the icommand to execute the query: icommand.executeCommand().

hope that will help.

have a nice day!

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The runtime applets are not physically bound to the dataset, but just show you the data query results in the desired format and look and feel.

The deleteRow() method only removes the row from the visible grid applet (merely cosmetic) and doesn't do anything with the underlying data. When you use the right click for Data..Details it runs the query to display the html output, which is why you see the data again.

In order to actually remove the data you will either need to filter it from the query behind the iGrid or delete it from the underlying data source itself.

If you need to delete a record from the database then write your DELETE query and use the iCommand to call this template (make sure to use Command mode).

Regards,

Jeremy