cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cache problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a problem when I added columns in a table and then I tried to access it, the problem is because the columns doesnu2019t exists, but, if I restart the instance, it works very well.

So, I think it could be some cache problem, it is true? And how can change the politic of cache?

Thank you

Janeth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please describe your problem in detail.

if you are working with data base then you have to identify the type of connector which is getting used for this purpose.

You can find the connector in Visual Admin

DeployContainer radio button.

After identifying the connector or the responsible Application(Under Application Radio button)

Stop the Connector or Application and restart it again.

This will clear the cache.

Regards,

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Excuse me for the poor description; Iu2019ll try to improve it.

Iu2019m working with NW CE 7.1 (so I couldnu2019t access the visual admin) and JPA, the problem occurs when I change something in the database, such a add some columns, and try to access any application, I get an exception because the new columns doesnu2019t exists, but if restart the application server that exception disappears and it works.

Regards

Janeth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Janeth,

Two ideas:

1. Perhaps you are violating some constraint regarding table definitions editing...

See this document for more information: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/fe/53fb40f17af66fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

And, please, let us know if you found the solution of the problem there!

2. Can you explain how exactly you change the database tables? What tool do you use and what are the steps you perform? Are you using the system database of AS Java or is it some other database? Do you use Java Dictionary to define/edit your tables?...

Regards,

Yordan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jordan,

Sorry for the delay, but I tried to reproduce the problem to test some possible solutions, but the problem doesnu2019t appear again, but I donu2019t know why (so, I donu2019t know if this thread have to still be open).

The changes are some like add a new column. To do that, I use IBM Data Studio, the database is DB2, and yes, I use in some cases the dictionary, but no for all the tables.

Thanks