cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum retires

Former Member
0 Kudos

To do Mass Restart of failed messages in SXMB_MONI I want to schedule the report RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES at a predetermined retry period like 1hr.But the program RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES tries to restart a failed message 800 times by default. But I want to limit this retry to a SAP recommended value to 20. How can we achieve this ??

I am following the below weblog, but the solution can't be implemented as I am not able to find the parameters like in SXMB_ADM-> specific configuration 'DELETION' 'MAX_VERSION' 'BATCH_RETRY'and also the report RSXMB_CREATE_CONF_ENTRIES3 to generate the configuration parameters if they won't present.

Any help is highly appreciated.

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In XI you can restart message processing in the monitor or with the help of the RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES report.

If the RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES report is scheduled periodically and the error is not eliminated it is removed from

further

processing. As a default the system repeats the attempt 800 times. If repeated attempts

also fail, you can only restart the message in the monitor. If you wish to change the default value....

Implement SAP Note Number 786905. The correction instructions contain a new configuration parameter. You can

configure this parameter under 'Integration Engine: Administration'. -> 'Integration Engine Configuration'.

You can use this parameter to determine how often you want an incorrect message to be started with the

RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES report. To generate the configuration parameter, you must run the report

RSXMB_CREATE_CONF_ENTRIES3 after implementing the corrections. The report is part of the overall correction.

SAP recommends setting the restart value to around 20.

Regards,

Surya

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think a job can be created in Runtime work bench, This job can be scheduled for a minimum interval of 1 hour.

The job has to be scheduled on the Communication channel.Since job is created on the Runtime work bench, I think this job can be scheduled for the messages which fail at AdapterEngine level.

Thanks,

Kiran.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer SAP Note 786905.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try checking the SAP note 786905 and 938128???

What version of XI and SP are you running on? Depending on the versions, you will have to check either of the notes. I hope that this will resolve your problem.

Regards,

Sarath.