cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant Configurator - BOM explosion from Sales Order config

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to find a function module (or series of FMs) that can be used to perform the following:

INPUT: Sales order item (sales order item is a configurable material)

ACTION: Read the BOM of the sales order item (one level) based on the configuration maintained against the sales order item.

OUTPUT: Table of BOM items and quantities

Does anyone have any experience with something like this?

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have correctly put all the data in the characteristics of your configurable material, then all de materials and quantities of BOM will come automatically just after it like this:

pos QTY name uepos

10 X CONF. MATERIAL 0

20 Y ITEM 1 10

30 Z ITEM 2 10

and so on.....

so with the input VBELN and POSNR of your config. material in the sales order you could just get the information you want by doing the query to VBAP where UEPOS = POSNR of your conf. material.

hope this helps,

Sebastiá

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Sebastian. I am looking for one or two function modules that I can use to retreive a BOM explosion based on a sales order and sales order item.

Do you know of any existing function modules that can do this?

Thanks,

Matt

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

still no answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Turns out you can use CS_BOS_EXPLOSION.

You will need to provide the following parameters: aumng = 1, auskz = 'X', capid = 'PP01', cuobj = vbap-cuobj, cuovs = 0, datuv = Current Date, emeng = 1, mktls = 1, mtnrv = vbap-matnr, stpst = 0, svwo = 'X', werks = vbap-werks, vbeln = vbap-vbeln, vbpos = vbap-posnr, and vrso = 'X'. These are the parameters I use to explode my BOM's.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right! same parameters worked for me too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see that the input parameters to CS_BOM_EXPLOSION include:

VALUE(VBELN) LIKE KDST-VBELN DEFAULT SPACE

VALUE(VBPOS) LIKE KDST-VBPOS DEFAULT 0

But these do not seem to activate a filter...

Anyone have any thoughts?