cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intercompany Goods Movement Account Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm wondering how to meet a business requirement relating to intercompany FI postings.

We use the NB stock transport order to transfer materials between plants in different company codes. For this order type, SAP uses movement type 643 for the shipment and movement type 101 for the goods receipt.

The requirements are:

1) we would like to use the same FI account as offset for shipment as the receipt

2) the account should not be the vendor Purchase Price Variance (PPV) account; otherwise it would be too difficult to analyze this account.

The account determination for the 643 is determined in GBB VAX; and the account determination for the 101 is in PRD (no modifier). However this is the same account determination as Purchase Price Variance (PPV).

Aside from creating a new movement type for the goods receipt, is there any way to achieve the required FI Postings?

Thanks -- points to be awarded for a good solution.

Dan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dan

Yes this is achievable. But instead of changing the standard feature, you better copy the standard 643 and create a new movement type.

For that go to OMJJ, select Movement Type, input 643 and execute. You can see some tabs to your left screen where you double click on [Account Grouping] so that a screen will open where you can modify the Account Grouping under the tab Account Modification. Change it to required Account Group and save.

Now try your process from begining and check the FI impact. All these changes have to be tested thoroughly in development, get the concurrence from FI people and then transport to production.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks G.

Instead of copying the 643 to create a new movment type, should I copy the 101? It is the account determination for the receipt, not the delivery, that I am trying to alter.

Thanks,

Dan