cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pointer to a Smart Form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone please tell me what are pointers to a Smart Form ?

I was just curious when I read the answer given by someone.....

there are a few ways to access the relevant SPRO (Implementation Guide for R/3 Customizing) transaction to switch the pointer to a Smart Form instead of SAPscript. In your case, one of the simplest ways is via transaction code NACE (Conditions for Output Control). From there, the steps are as follows:

1) Select 'V1' (Sales) 2) Click on the 'Output Types' button 3) Select the relevant output type (e.g. BA00) 4) Double-click on the 'Processing routines' folder 5) Double-click on the relevant transmission medium (e.g. 1 for printer). 6) The Smart Form entry field is near the top of the screen 7) On the same screen, you can update the print program entries and remove the obsolete SAPscript reference.

Caution: Even though a Smart Form is client-independent, the above configuration table is client-dependent. In other words, if you make the above change in client 100, it will not affect the settings in client 200.

<MOVED BY MODERATOR TO THE CORRECT FORUM>

Edited by: Alvaro Tejada Galindo on Aug 8, 2008 4:42 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not any kind of POINTERS in the technaical terms.

The author only want to say that if you want to issue a output using the Smartform instead of the SAPScript, you need to follow these steps.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

Answers (0)