cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC function via Delphi..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I'm trying to run an RFC function with Delphi..

Well, I did run it successfully, but there is one problem.

I'm using SAP Remote Function Control object to connect to the SAP.

SAPFunction.Connection object cannot connect over router. I set Connection's SAPRouter, GatewayHost and GatewayService and tried to connect but got connection error. Without these parameters I can successfully connect via LAN. What I want to do is connect over Internet.

I can connect via SapGui without problem. Also when I use no parameters then I can also connect via router (It gets its' parameters from "saplogon.ini" and dialog boxes). But I want to set them manually to get instant rfc answer..

Could anybody help me about this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh man ... my memory is fuzzy on this, hopefully others can flesh this one out for me. But, the SAP RFC library needs parameters like /MESSAGESERVER or something like that. I think that on a string where you point to the message server, you can use /H/ to seperate different router hops. E.g.

/H/router1/H/router2/H/messageserver

And you can also use a / flag to indicate the port. Sorry but I can't remember much beyond that, try googling it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried with "/H/router/H/". I will try again with "/H/router/H/MESSAGESERVER" and see what happens.

Former Member
0 Kudos

/H/hostname/S/port/H/

I think I found it, this is how you define the port, in addition to the host file.