cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced Inerface Determination for File to IDoc scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Enhanced Interface Determination in my scenario - where I map my source message (from a single instance) into more than one IDoc messages (separate instance of Idoc for each occurance of a particular segment in the source message). To implement this I am 1:n message mapping for Message Splitting.

The mapping is being executed successfully and several instances of the target IDoc type is being created at the runtime. But at the technical routing step I am getting error:

<SAP:Stack>Messages in multi-message format can only be sent to one Adapter Engine</SAP:Stack>

Does this mean that we cannot use Multi-Mapping for Message Splitting for IDoc Outbound Channels? Even if all the target messages (more than one) are being sent through the same Inbound interface and same Reciever IDoc Channel?

Regards,

Suddha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sudda,

similar problem in

Regards Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Splitting is only possible for the adapters that reside in the Adapter Engine.

For Idoc and HTTP you have to use BPM.

Read this Blog: [Multi-Mapping without BPM|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3115] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

But don't skip to read "Restrictions" mentioned in the above Blog.

Restrictions

1. Messages that result from the split in a mapping-based message split are sent using one AE. So only adapters running on the AE are supported. In particular, this means that target IDOC message splits are not supported since the IDOC adapter is not part of the AE.

2. The target system of the message splits cannot be an integration process.

3. Attachments from the original message are not appended to the messages resulting from the message split.

Try this in your scenario: [Message Splitting Using the Graphical Mapping Tool|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3765] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Thanks

Farooq

Edited by: Farooq Farooqui on Aug 8, 2008 6:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Farooq for your valuable advice.

You know what, I read those restrictions in the help.sap.com but had thought there must be some work around. It says split messages are sent using only one AE, but I hoped that Idoc and Http can be used as they are not part of AE and rather IE itself. Anyways, can't help...............but could help me understand what are the technical reasons for these restrictions?

The blog is really a nice one and very helpful..............thanks! I used multi-mapping in exactly similar way as in the blog and used enhanced interface determination - but the target message being Idoc

Is BPM the only option for my scenario?

Regards,

Suddha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately Yes.

You have to use BPM for 1:N Mapping..if Idoc is at the receiver side. Even I am not sure whether without BPM it is possible in PI7.1 or not(as per documents NO)

Thanks

Farooq