cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File(windows)---->xi ----> file(unix)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our scenario is FILE(windows)-> XI -> FILE(unix).

Our System is configured on J2SE and we have configured a local adapter engine for this.

We have 3 folders at Source End say Source, OK and NOT OK.

Our requirment is to move file to OK if the file transfer is sucess else the file should move to NOT OK.

File Transfer may be failed due to System crash, receiver down etc.

We are trying on BPM but we are not sure about the Filename which is must and should be same at both the ends i.e. Source and Target.

( We have tried FTP XI FTP, with delete and archive mode. In delete mode even though the receiver is down file is getting deleted at Source End and in MONI we can see a sucess message, Archive is not working properly giving Exception "com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 Operation not complete" in our Company Server may be a Support pack issue).

We are looking for Ideas to implement this scenario.

Thanks,

Nagraju

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Our requirment is to move file to OK if the file transfer is sucess else the file should move to NOT OK

Well if the file transfer is not successful,then file won't be delivered to any folder,be it OK or NOT OK.

>>File Transfer may be failed due to System crash, receiver down etc

If system Crashes or Receiver is down then it means your whole receiver system is not working properly,in this case neither OK will work nor NOT OK.

If your requirement is something different then please explain it a bit more

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>File Transfer may be failed due to System crash, receiver down etc.

Trigger Alerts in this case. I mean when ever File receiver adapters fails, trigger an alert and notify the admin people.

Later once the File Server is up you can Resend the message from RWB.

Thanks

Farooq

Former Member
0 Kudos

This seems to be pretty good scenario...

You are 100% right that simple usage of delete and archive modes shall not meet your criteria.

I cannot give you a solution but an idea in which angle you can think on...

You must handle file acknowledgements and develop a module accordingly and use it to do so.

I shall also try to work on this and let you know if any.

Thanks

Kiran