cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple files to sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friendz,

In designing my File-FTP to idoc scenario, i want to send my files as abc.xml,cdh.xml,...... then should i use BPM s or can i send it in any other method?

Thanking you in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use *.xml for the name. If u want to collect all these messages for 1 idoc, u have to use BPM, otherwise not.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You for answering...!

But i have another doubt as if i am having multiple files as abc.xml, cdf.txt, and required to send them to one single reciever as idoc then how could i send?

Former Member
0 Kudos

>But i have another doubt as if i am having multiple files as abc.xml, cdf.txt, and required to send them to one single receiver as idoc

How you can map flat file contents to idoc? If this is the case i.e. files of different formats are coming to XI then it is required to convert in XML format.

Example:

I have input.xml and input.txt (flat file).

I have to create an Idoc and need to use data from both files, in this case I have to transfer the input.txt to XML format (by FCC, JM or AM) and later use it in transformation.

Thanks

Farooq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you want to map all these source messages into one single IDoc? Use BPM and use Multi-Mapping (n:1) at the Transformation step.

How ever if your requirement is all the files are coming from the same source folder - then use then use different file channels to pick up a particular type of file from the same source directory - one having filename scheme as *.xml and the other *.txt

Also if the files have to be prcessed individually and not collectively (that means each source file mapped to individual Idocs and all the IDoc sent to the same R/3 system. Then for each of the file type (each source structure) define a separate scenario pointing to the sap R/3 system (using the same Idoc RCV channel in the Receiver Agreements) and separate message mapping to the same target IDoc structure.

Regards,

Suddha

Edited by: Suddhasatta Guha on Aug 8, 2008 2:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You friend.

i got the summary.