Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

condition check through BPM...............response from IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario like this:

The data is coming from a system through a webservice and the SOAP data to be mapped to idoc.But the trick is the idoc is aasynchronous one and the webservice expects a response in return as its designed synchronous. please suggest.

Again the webservice data contains some specific data field and on checking the relevence of the data we need to post that to idoc otherwise we can rollback.can this be checked with BPM?

if possible please suggest elaborately and if possible through another way suggest that also.

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would do the following you need a sync-async bridge:

Receive your sync sopa message (open bridge)--> Send Async IDoc with Application Acknowledgement if data is relavant --> Send Step to send a default message back to soap sender depending on whether you get the ack or not. (Close bridge)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use BPM. The Idoc Ack in the form of ALEAUD has to be configured at receiver. This Idoc can be caught in BPM in the form of acknowledgement idoc. Once received, u may use tranform step of BPM to map certain values to ur webservice response. Use Sync-Async bridge concept (many weblogs available on sdn)

checking the relevence of the data

What is the logic here. U may check certain conditions in mapping directly and raise an alert accordingly.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Prateek,

If the alert is been triggered its for the XI user i guess ,but I need to send a output msg(as per response format of the webservice )with the error code and error deecription.so that case how should i proceed.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats y i was asking for the logic. Supposing that message mapping conditions are sufficient to incorporate the logic, the mapping can be done in such a way, that if the sener payload is correct (e.g. a mandatory field is present) then map it to the idoc structure, otherwise map it to a dummy structure.The dummy structure datatype could be have two fields Error_Code and Error_Desc. The mapping logic i mentioned here can be achieved using the multimapping concept. So using this, u can map a response structure of ur choice.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi prateek,

Then we can think like u said i.e the multi mapping one .can u please provide me some doc regarding multi mapping.I have not done it so far.

Please

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

This blog is on multimapping . I guess u can find necesaary information by this.

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

Edited by: pragya dubey on Aug 8, 2008 2:59 PM