cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting "released" Projects from cProjects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there a way to delete entire project from cProjects after it is assigned status "released".

Regdz

Sejo.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sejo,

check ur mail. documnet regarding accounts integration sended on ur mail id.

u cant delete project once it is released.

thanks

amit

note: plz give points if answer useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

Konstantin
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Admit, can you share this document with the community?

Regards, Konstantin

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot delete a project. However once the status of a project is Complete or Cancelled you can change the status to Set for Archive.

Once it is set for archiving, basis guys can run an archiving job and it'll be archived. As good as deleting a project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have the link to the document which shows us the Basis on how to clean up the "Archived" projects? Thanks.

Terrisa.

silvia_kreuzhuber
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

as already mentioned, it is not possible to delete a project or template that has been already released. At this point, you can only delete projects and templates by archiving. The projects/templates then no longer exists in the database, but still can be viewed from the archive.

There is no specific UI for cProjects archiving, the archiving works like the archiving in other modules (transaction SARA, archiving object = CPROJECTS). Programs involved: DPR_ARCH_WRITE and DPR_ARCH_DELETE (DPR_ARCHIVE_DELETE_VERSIONS).

However, first you need to set the status of the project u2018To Be Archivedu2019 in the UI. (Note: You can only flag projects for archiving that have the status Closed. Templates must have the status Obsolete.)

You can still display archived projects in the cProjects application, search for projects

with search criteria u2018Archiveu2019. The status of an archived project is u2018Archived u2013 Completedu2019.

Best regards,

Silvia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Silvia,

Thanks for your reply. I have another doubt. I need to delete a Project Type from customizing which has already been used in several Operational projects. Can I delete the Project Type once I archive all the Projects created with the mentioned project type.

Regdz

Sejo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sejo,

I had to do this myself as well, unfortunately it i a very huge task t delete a project type. I suggest you inactivate the project type so that people cannot use it for their future projects.

regards

N K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

It is not possible to delete the project when its status is released.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

u got the costing documents.

thanks

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sejo,

As per my information it is not possible to delet the Project once it got released in cProject.

Regrads,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Can we delete the released Project from backend. I mean from the server side? I dont mind cleaning all the projects.

Regardz

Sejo.