cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Product Interchangeability Functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to use the Product Interchangeability functionality in SNP for my client. The requirement is to use this functionality for phase out products. Before getting started,I would like to have a view of all the limitations / drawbacks of using this functionality.

Would request you to provide inputs to help me take a decision on using this functionality.

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To my knowledge, this functionality can work well for 1:1 substitution. But there are some issues while doing 1:n or m:1 or m:n kind of substitution. The system does not allow you to save such business situations. you can check this out. Other than this I dont think there are issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Supply Network Planning (SNP), both heuristic-based and optimization-based planning take into account the interchangeability of products. You can use product interchangeability in the Supply Network Planning run to transfer demands for a product that is to be discontinued onto a successor product for instance, or to use existing stock of a current product to fulfill demand for the successor product

Please follow the lonk for further details:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/85/6037423cf7ab04e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm