cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document is not getting opening in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

we are facing one problem regarding document opening in SAP. we r using Ecc6.0. In Tcode: CV03N we are not able open the attached drawings. This document is in PDF file.

we r getting following message: File\temp\username cannot be created.

pl guide me how to resolve this issue.

regards

ssp

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor

Hi,

could you please check if you have read- and write-permission for the path which is mentioned in the

error message?

Further please check transaction DC20 and inform us which path you have maintained for your frontend type?

Additionally please go to transaction DC30 and verify if you have maintained the parameter %AUTO% for workstation application PDF. If you have maintained this value the control is normally handed over to your operating system (e.g. Windows). In this case please check also the Windows folder options for file format PDF. For this, go to 'Start -> Settings -> Control Panel' and select folder 'Folder Options', highlight extension 'PDF' under tab 'File types', click button 'Advanced' and check whether the correct paths are maintained for the relevant actions (e.g. open or print).

Best regards,

Christoph

P.S.: Give points if useful

scott_thompson3
Explorer
0 Kudos

OK when you've done all the above with DC20 and DC30, and made sure you have C:\temp on your hard drive... go to SU3

Add Parameter REF with X (this stops the system from asking you 3 times to allow access to C: drive).

If you've had problems with DMS in the past, like corrupted DB that was not fully fixed for old data, you may not be able to resolve this with OLD documents. New attachments should work ok assuming DMS is fixed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sampathi,

I too faced the same issue.

Reason for the problem:

The document is getting downloaded to the local machine and the system is unable to find the file in the folder path defined in DC20.

Solutions that I found -

1. Search by the file name in your system to figure out the temporary folder where the file is downloaded from SAP Content server (the file path is defined during SAP installation by GUI for the default folder). Place the same folderpath in DC20 txn in R3. You should be able to see the file on double clicking the file in CV02N/CV03N

2. Just remove the folder path in DC20 txn and tick the checkmark for online. The file will be directly opened from the content server.

Thanks

herbert_stckl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Check table TDWX whether  OLE2 is set.

I think this value is of relevance to keep a copy of the file in the memory instead of putting a copy on the filesystem. (e.g. if you intend to use the EAI Viewer)

There is no transaction where you can maintain this  check-box.

We had to edit table TDWX directly with SE16.

After that we could open PDF files.

How we came to the solution?

We created a new workstation application YPD from scratch to store .pdf-Files. With this we could start PDF-files with the Acrobat Viewer.

Files with PDF as workstation application couldn't be started.

Then we checked every table where the workstation application appeared .....

Former Member
0 Kudos

The XLS is maintained correctly. I can open one XLS file, but another one I can't open. The files are from 2006, at that time it was working fine - customer said.

Any idea how to check if the file does exists directly in content server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm facing similar symptoms . Any idea how to resolve this issue?

Rgds,

Sheikh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have similar problem. I am not able to display some of XLS files. The message is also File c:\TEMP\_xxxxxxx can not be created. Strange is that I can display another document from the same list. So the link and access to c:\temp correct, the problem is not there... Maybe some error in DMS? Is it possible that some files was deleted, or are unaccessable? We checked DB consistency and it is OK.

Regards,

Jiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Jiri,

I hope that, you have maintain the right setting in DC30 transaction. pls define xls extension and give office application as 1,2 and 3

regards,

nitin

award point if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a Folder named "Temp" in C: and give full permission to all the users. This would solve the problem

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Please check;

whether u have defined path for data carrier i.e in backend DMS=>gen data=>Define data carrier=>define data carr for front end.

also whether u have defined workstation application in network for workstation in DC30..

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod Patil

In Define data carrier type "server, front end" my path is like this : c:\temp\ . Here after "temp\ " i have to put any user name ?

And one more issue, since it is cross clinet any other impact is there on system if i tranport request .

In DC30 i have given path " c:\temp\ ''

pl guide me . where i did mistake.

regards

ssp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In DC20 give path as C:\TEMP\

Make sure you create TEMP folder in C:\

IN DC30

Select PDF

For Define workstation application in network> give %auto% for all three value application type 1,2,3

so there will be 3 rows viz: for 1, 2, 3

Niranjan

Award if it is useful and close the thread if answered...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirijan

I have done all setting wat u have told. But still the following error is coming while opening document.

File c:\temp\_ERP_USER01 cannot be created

could u guide me how to resolve this issue.

regards

ssp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sampathi,

I too faced same error in starting phase but when I cross checked as below:

In T code DC20->define data carrier typeu201D server , front end" give path as c:\temp

Next in T code DC 30:define work station application file format as .*pdf

And in define w/a in network for application type 1,2,3 define application path ;%auto% then save.

Just for checking: with required document type Create DIR (in CV01N), attach the pdf file and then check in and save.

Goto CV02N/CV03N try to open the file. Hope it will solve your problem.

If still problem exist let me know.

Regards,

Seema Pilankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check if this file is check-in or unlock-----if it is unlock then it will not open

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sampathi,

I too faced same problem.

I had "define data carrier type "Server, Front end" as C:\Temp\

But there was no path existed c:\temp\ on my local computer it was giving error as file cannot be created.

Please check if you have a folder C:\Temp\ created on your local machine where you are trying to open that document. Once you have that folder that I think it should open up.

Thanks,

Murtuza.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is your question solved?

Thank You,

Manoj

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi.

that depends on so many things...

did you define a exchange directory for the content repository in oac0? do you (everyone or the specific user) have the rights to write into this directory?

regards,

martin