cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reagarding XI alerts in PI 7.0 SP14

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Our landsacpe consists of production XI system which is at PI 7.0 SP14.There are three application servers(instances) for XI system(out of which one is central instance).

Recently ,i have configured alerts for errors in Adapter engine and Integration engine to be sent as emails(using SCOT).

i have started receiving alerts to my mailbox initially.

currently alerts are not being triggered from XI system(no configuration change was done recently).i have gone through various forum threads and blogs on SDN.but ,i could not troubleshoot the exact issue.

can you please suggest the how the issue can be resolved.

-Kaushik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kaushik,

Is that you are not receiving both Adapter and Ingration Engine alerts? Is their any pattern that you are receiving onlu Adapter Engine alerts and not Integration Engine Alerts by any chance - after applying SP14?

Regards,

Suddha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not receiving alerts from Adapter engine as well as Integration engine.

-Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Could you please uncheck the "Suppress multiple alerts " option in alert configuration in RWB and try once more.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

but that would trigger multiple emails in Production environment. is'nt it. currently i'm not receiving a single alert from the XI server.

Thanks,

-Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>but that would trigger multiple emails in Production environment. is'nt it

Yes,it will and this is a limitation of Alerts mechanism in XI to which even SAP admits.

If you have checked the "Suppress multiple alerts",you will not get any alerts until all the alerts of that specific rule has been confirmed.

But if you uncheck "Suppress multiple alerts",you will keep on getting mails irrespective of alert being confirmed or not.I personally like to uncheck the option,i know i will be pounded by e-mails but its a lot better than not knowing an error occurred:)

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi aamir,

if an alert is not confirmed, won't it be triggered again?(will it not expire)

Thanks and Regards,

-kaushik

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Suppress Multiple Alerts is used when you don't want to be informed of the same error multiple times.

Eg: You have a sender file adapter that errorsout due to Incorrect FTP parameters, and this will trigger an alert once very polling interval.

Selecting Suppress Multiple Alerts makes sense when you have defined multiple alert rules for specific scenarios.

If you alert rule is * then deselecting it makes more sense. If you are getting tons of alerts in production then it is not the alert framework that needs to be blamed because this is production and you expect very few errors and alerts.

Same error repeating like FTP having incorrect parameters is almost going to be a negligible case and hence I never go for selecting this option.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

My intention was to use "SUPPRESS MULTIPLE ALERTS" option in alert rules.so that i would receive a single alert per each alert rule. then, i would confirm the alert , so that i would receive the second (or new alert) for that alert rule.

if fewer number of alerts are generated , it becomes easier to route them to a pager. so some person is alerted in case of an error.

So i have unchecked the "SUPPRESS MULTIPLE ALERTS" option in alert rules.and i receive more number of alerts for each error.

hence i could not send these error messages to a Pager.

i send them as emails(which partially solve my requirement) .

I'm closing this thread.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182455
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

check this links

If you are below Sp14, then also check this blog by Michal,

Trouble Shooting Alerts.

Did you refer SAP note- 913858- question 6.

also see the below link

Alerts with variables from the messages payload (XI) - UPDATED -

regards

srinivas

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below are excellent blogs. It will solve your problem i guess

Trouble shoot alert configuration

-

XI: Alerts - Step by step by Michal Krawczyk

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check following:

- Alerts are not triggering or you are not receiving mails? because these are two different issues.

Check this link to see if all pre-requisits are completed: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/d0/5e073c8e56f658e10000000a114084/content.htm

Post more information then we will be able to help you.

Regards,

Gourav