cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMS 3 system Landscap problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have configured 3 system landscape (DV1, DEV, VED). Here, DV1 is the Domain controller (win2003, MSSQL, 4.6c), DEV is the Quality system (Win2003, MSSQL, ECC6) and VED is the production system (Win2003, MSSQL, ECC6).

I have successfully configured the TMS and Check is done without errors. I have used three systems in a group to establish route. Transport layer is ZDV1. Now the problem is, whenever I release transport request from DV1( domain controller), It is not appearing in the DEV (quality ) system.

Can you please tell me where I have gone wrong?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Not sure you can transport between two different versions of sap.Your development server is 4,6 and Quality server is ecc6.But try adding the transport request manually in to the queue from the menu otherrequest->add request and import it.

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Not sure you can transport between two different versions of sap.Your development server is 4,6 and Quality server is ecc6"

I missed that !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Do you mean to copy the cofile and data file into Quality system manually and from the queue screen of stms - extras - other rquest - add?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun,

you could check the following:

Under Configuration Status, are all three systems activated?

Under Transport Routes, do you see both DEV and VED?

Make sure you have saved, activated and distributed the new model after your change.

Also - as an outside shot, if the transport request(s) were created before you configured TMS, check the Target System for that particular transport(s) and ensure that it is DEV.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

Yes all are active in system overview and the target of request is DEV. Few days back when I initially configured the same setup it worked and I could see the queue in DEV(quality) system not in the VED(production) system. So I tried to reconfigure TMS and the issue got promoted to Quality systemu2026..

any clue....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arun,

Please see Transport Route. whether it has been configured correct.

Dharmendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kumar,

what you want me to check in the transport route? i dont know what to check since i have selected standard route.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Ashok has answered this question for you. That is, you cannot configure transport routes between different system versions (4.6 -> 6.0). It may be technically possible to add a transport request into the queue of a system of a different version, but it is not recommended and likely not supported. Unpredictable results and errors my occur.

Why would you want to transport between different versions anyway? Why is your development system on a lower release than your QA and production systems?

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It was just temporarily move, that was the reason why I tried to move the controller to lesser version. Since it is not an advisable move I have done the same with equivalent release. Thank you very much for you guys.