cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classification Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI GURUS,

My client want to put all the characteristic of material in material master. For ex. In case of Rotameter want to put

MAKE

MODEL

FLUID

SP. GRAVITY/ DENSITY

VISCOSITY

TEMP

PRESSURE

MEAS. RANGE,etc.

This is the case also for motors, pumps, actuators, switches, etc.

I have decided to go for Classification i.e. to create seperate classes and characteristics and assign the same with chara. values in the resp. material master.

Want to know is this the right procedure to follow or any other way out.

Thanks

Akshay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

Yes you can use the Material Classification 001.

Regards,

Kumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Akshay,

First make list of Std Class & Characteristics required as during further steps u will be in doubt or confusion about the same. Make firm list of characteristics for which u can get the values. Then this functionlity will add its benifts.

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

u can use configurable material to have all these characters to be included in PR or PO for procurement purpose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't want to use these chara. in PR & PO. I want to use them only in Material Master.

But this reqd me to create nos of classes and hundreds of chara.

Is this a real process?

Plz suggest.Its urgent

Thanks

Akshay

Edited by: akshay sonurkar on Aug 8, 2008 8:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

if you think that there will be a lot of classes and characteristics , first you define a class which covers maximum no of similar characs

like wise say Class of PUMP, GEARS and some other else.

Regards,

SADAN

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why so many classes and characteristics?

You should only have one class for each unique set of characterisitics needed.

In your case of equipment, I would maintain values unique to the material in material master, on the classification view under a 001 class.

If your creating equipment masters, I believe (not a PM guy here), you can maintain each piece of equipments values like you would for a batch. You need to use class 002 for these.

Craig