cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REG: RFC lookup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In my scenario i need to use RFC lookup for the receiver system . Can u guys suggest me a method how to implement the RFC lookup.

Thanks,

Siva.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siva,

There's quite a lot of information on this subject in these articles:

[|]

[|]

Kind regards,

Koen

Edited by: Koen de Vries on Aug 8, 2008 2:52 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

[How to Lookup Data Via a RFC User Defined Function|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70d90a91-3cf4-2a10-d189-bfd37d9c3231]

Thanks

Farooq

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

lookUp is used when your receiver system want some data that is not present on the sender, but actually based on some condition of sender data you get this value from the third system .for getting this requird data you need to write a lookup.

for RFC LOOKUP you need to write a UDF who takes input value based on which you have to get receiver value.

the sample code for the JDBC lookup UDF is

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/23/lookup146s-in-xi-made-simpler

the only change in the code is to get the input string. here you are giving select query but for your case you need to get this string by mapping the rfc to self and than test the mapping with the your set of data ,and then go to the reselt and take the xlm from there.please put backslash for each of the closing ".

you need to configure receiver rfc communication channel at ID and activete that.

you will get the response from rfc but you need to pars them and ,map it to your target field....

regards,

navneet