cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanning of goodd before loading onto the truck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

My client at the warehouse has to deliver goods to the customer. Before loading the goods onto the truck he has to scan the articles to cross verify two things

1. The right goods picked

2. Expiry date of the article

By doing so he has control over the goods that are to be despatched. He can either accept or reject the goods that are being scanned based on the result. For eg if the goods at the loading bay are scanned & if there is any discrepency between the same & picking list he should get a warning to prevent the good from being loaded. The same can apply for the concept of expiry check

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiran

The project I am working on at the moment is going to do something very similar, We are going to install portal scanners on the loading doors. These are basically three scanners in pillars on each side of the door and as the truck drives through them the scanners will pick up all barcodes whichever side they are on, However we are using a scanning partner to provide and configure these and to send the data back to SAP and we will then perform certain checks to see if the stock is correct and if it is required for that truck etc.

I think what you want may be too conmplex for a LE consultant to do on his or her own. I would suggest that you speak to a scanning company and preferably one with experience of integrating to SAP

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiran

Very good you have told us what your client does and why but what is you question

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry,

The question was -how do we go about configuring it? Can you provide some reference material? How is this basically done in the industry?

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try doing T/code LM00

we normally do Manually scanning

You try creting Profile like Supervisor and Picker

ZWMGW_EU is the Configured T/c or may check for My be Standard T/C for assignign Queue in the LM00

this Process is meant for Manual Scanning Only

Please Try this

Adarsh