Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with ITS Mobile Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working on SAP ECC 6.0.

We have done one development for mobile application through Barcode interface with SAP.

When we transported the development to ITS mobile we are facing following problems.

1.We are not getting the cursor in the initial field from which the data should get captured.

2.After one cycle processing ,again the cursor doesn't come back to initial (starting) field,we have to take the cursor manually and then carry out next cycle.

3.The layout is not proper(size of characters and fields)

Pl. suggest whether the layout related settings i.e. size of characters etc. is to be done in ABAP or HTML.

We are using HHP Mobile PC with barcode scanner,and it has "msixplore40" version of Browser (internet explorer).

Pl. guide on the above mentioned issues.

Thanks and Regards

Sandeep Shenoy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

leif_almgren
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

The problem with the input field is most probably because your browser does not support the JavaScript code that puts the focus on the input field. I saw the same problem on our older Symbol Scanners with Windows Mobile and Pocket IE. On newer scanners with Windows CE 5.0 and Internet Explorer 6, there are no such problems. You can also try to install the Opera Browser, it works better than Pocket IE, but it's not perfect.

Regarding screen size, you need to develop the screens in ABAP in format 16x20 characters and then you usually also needs to either change the HTML templates manually, or make some changes in the template generator class. Changing the template generator is the best way, as all new templates will then automatically be correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Leif,

Earlier we also thought that the problem is with JavaScript and we need to load latest version of IE.

But later on our Basis person downloaded some notes for ITS mobile which solved our problem.

As far as screen layout related issues are concerned we are working on it.

Can you pl. let me know if we want to make use of colours on the screen e.g. some Green or Red buttons/windows, can we do it with ITS mobile.

your Inputs will be very valuable.

Thanks for your response.

Sandeep Shenoy

leif_almgren
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, you can change colors etc with ITSmobile. Either you change the CSS stylesheet that is automatically created with your templates, or you make specific change in the actual HTML code for each screen. Changing the stylesheet is usually more efficient, as it will affect all screens and changes will prevail when you update your screens. If you spend a little time with the templates, you can pretty much do anything.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Leif,

Thanks for your Input,I will inform this to our developer and get back to you in case if I need any further help.

You have mentioned that we can do the changes in CSS style sheet ,I just wanted to know

1) If my application is having @10 different screens then whether there will be 10 different style sheets?

2) Whether the chnages in HTML code can be done by ABAP developer or any specific knowledge (e.g HTML coding) is required for this.

3) The colour coding which I mentioned will be required to be done in @ 5-6 screens out of 10 screens,in this case what is suggested- change in CSS style sheet or HTML template for each screen.(I need different colour in diffrent screens)

4) Where can I get further detailed info on this topic.

Thanks and Regards

Sandeep

leif_almgren
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi again Sandeep, I will try to answer your questions:

1. There is only one stylesheet created by default, and this is used in all screens. You can of course create several style sheets, and then make a change in each screen to use a different style sheet, but this means you always need to make manual changes after re-generating a template.

2. If you make changes in the HTML code it would be a great advantage to have some HTML knowledge, as there is no WYSIWYG editor for this, just the plain text editor.

3. See reply 1, or you can also manually change the HTML code for each template.

4. There is some info here:

[http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/70/579502a7c611d3961700a0c94260a5/content.htm]

Also, I know there is more info in the SAP library, there is a step-by-step guide on how to create an ITSmobile application, just can't find the link right now. Should be possible to find by some clever searching.

Hope that helps,

/Leif

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need some further information on the topic.