cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1:N mapping -> One EDI document (ST-SE) to be split into multiple idocs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am working on a scenario where the source is an EDI 204 document. Now in this document, the L11 segment has a count of the total number of items in the source EDI document.

ISA

ST

L111110BC <------- 2 is the number of OIDs that can appear

OID*1

LADCAS3****BL84985197CGZZAM000521*122

LAD******CCCC12345678COCO12345678PMPM123456

OID*2

OID*910

OID*911

OID*1110

SE148744

IEA

Now both the OIDs are in a single ST-SE EDI document. The requirement is that if the number of OID segments exceed 910 in a single document, then the output needs to be split with one idoc containing 910 items (OID, LAD, LAD...). The next set of 910 OIDs (from OID*911 onwards)need to be output into a new idoc.

The header part for both the idocs would be the same. Only the detail part would differ for the next set of OID, LAD segments.

I do not intend to use BPM. I want to achieve this using using graphical mapping.

Awaiting your replies.

Thank you

Vincent

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone convince me please ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vincent,

Write a small Userdefined function which takes input as Total number of OID items and split into multiple values

Ex : if there are 2700 OID items divide by 910 ==> split to 3 values and map to IDOC .

And for the each OID item Map based on the item Number.

Regards

Gangaprasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vincent,

You could use the 'index' function in the 'Statistic' function group(in grapical mapping) to keep track of the occurence of the OID segment and then take appropriate mapping action.

You would also need to use the IDoc packaging technique as more than one Idoc could be posted.

Thanks,

Anand

Edited by: Anand Gopinath on Aug 8, 2008 7:33 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does it ensure that the header part of the idoc is constant in both the idocs and only the detail levels in the idocs will be different based on the next set of 910 OID segments?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the Header Data would be constant .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

1:n Multi mapping can be used for that. Please refer to the following link for how to implement a message split using multi mapping.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/26/9e97b0f525d743882936c2d6f375c7/frameset.htm

Honestly speaking, I have never tried using that myself. But after seeing your post I am now keen to develope a similar interface. Will let you know if I am successful.

Regards,

Suddha