cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to commit the bappi from xi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi frndz,

I have a requirement to post the sales order from flat file to r/3 using xi, am using a bappi for the same i have checked that records in the flat file reaches the bappi receiver but its not getting posted in to the r/3.

Please tell me wat might be the reason, do i need to commit it if yes then how can i commit it from xi.

Thanks in advance

Karthikeyan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to do explicit commit for posting any documents ( Sales order, Purchase Order , etc.,, ) in R/3 system.

You need BAPI_transaction_commit to do a commit . For posting multiple documents at at time , you need enable "WAIT" in the bapi. then only you can post mutliple sales orders.

Thnz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You dont have to Use Commit from XI I believe you have written code using Proxy,so after your sales order bapi you just use Commit Bapi it works.

Thanks

Sudharshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check the tables which the BAPI is trying to update.

In general, you need to have an external commit to the BAPI. But if needed you try with this, Just after your Insert BAPI put BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT. You dont have to pass any parameters for this FM.. It will work...

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

In the receiver rfc channel

->Advanced Mode

Use the option

Commit Control for Single BAPI Calls

chk this for more details

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/c8/e80440a832e369e10000000a155106/content.htm

rgds

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Could you please explain more on what are the parameters I need to specify.

Because, I have selected

the following in the Receiver RFC channel:

1. "Advanced Mode"

2. "Send "Confirm Transaction"

3. Commit Handling for Single BAPI Calls

4. BAPI Advanced Mode

And given the values for Successfully RETURN-TYPE Values

S="Successfully Commited and updated Databases".

Could you please explain what this exacts mains specified in the link:

Commit Control for Single BAPI Calls

"If you want to use this communication channel to call BAPIs as remote-enabled function modules that change the data in the database, set the indicator. If executed successfully, the transaction is written to the database by calling the function module BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT explicitly. If an error occurs, the transaction is rolled back by BAPI_TRANSACTION_ROLLBACK. The result is determined by the value of the field TYPE in parameter RETURN. If successful, the tables are empty and the values u201Cu201D, u201CSu201D, u201CIu201D, and u201CWu201D are displayed. All other entries are evaluated as errors.

To change this setting, choose BAPI Advanced Mode.

Under Successful RETURN Type Values, specify the values that will lead to a successful execution."

Regards,

Nithiyanandam