cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection pool size used up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a applet which use several sql queries, when it is initiated, seems each sql query will make a connection to the db. I don't know when will these connections be closed. I checked in the "Connection status" of data services, it seems these connections were still there even after I closed the page. And when I refresh pages, connection number keeps increasing and connection pool size used up very quickly. How can I do about it?

Thanks,

Tony.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tony,

The JDBC connection pool does remain open with persistent connections, but each individual connection in the pool will used many times (the UseCount property) before being recycled. It's very strange that you are seeing every query add to the number of open connections.

What is the database you are querying and what driver are you using?

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

I found out for some reason my query hung up in the db and the connection will not be closed for a long time. That's why pool size is used up soon when I refresh the page. Is there any way to close these hung-up connections?

Thanks,

Tony.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You still didn't answer my question regarding the actual database you are using - what is it?

Are you seeing FatalError statements in the logs that might indicate why the query is getting hung?

You should probably investigate why a query that is being called by your application would be hanging in the first place.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

We are using oracle 10g DB, the hanging problem may occur because several applets are trying to create/update the same view at the same time, they may deadlock from each other. I am wondering if there is a timeout mechanism which will terminate a connection many certain time is up.

Thanks,

Tony.